21.

" I can't lose, when I'm with youuu..." Devin sang SZA's Snooze off key "How can I snooze and miss the moment, you just too important—ba bada ba bada doo doo dooooo,"

"Mmcht," Tec smacked his lips "Boy that ain't what she said— you playin',"

"If I don't google her lyrics, I never know what she says if I'm being honest..." he laughed while continuing to scroll on the business iPad, "Alright so I'm checking the stats of our budget book for this month's inventory after all repairs have been made to the shop, and we're still in a great position— I could give you a long term prediction of the estimated finances in total since we know how much Chris is donating,"

Tec nodded his head in approval, he was super grateful for Devin because he had been an amazing asset to the team already; The fact that he was only twenty one with such a good head on his shoulders, also came as a plus,

Tec's thoughts were soon interrupted as Devin kept humming  "Alright..." he sat forward at the desk, lacing his fingers together in a negotiating manner "Who is she?"

"Who is who?"

"The lil' yeah that's got you singing SZA,"

Devin scoffed at the comment, "I wish there was someone— I'm tired of sleeping alone and going to the booty club every weekend,"

"You're still young and got plenty of time to weigh out your options though, relationships ain't always what they're cut out to be,"

"What are you the expert on love now? And just the other day I heard you back here singing dream, after Chris had left... I'm not questioning you though am I Mr. Tec— or Mr. Lu, whichever one you like to be called, boss!"

He chuckled at the dramatics before waving Devin off, as they returned to the front of the shop; Namir's attempt to ruin Tec hadn't riddled out, in fact he had done him a favor in a sense because business had been even more successful than it was before,

Although he wasn't a super fan of popularity, he had gained it anyway which drew in so much attention from celebrities, commoners, and a plethora of women who practically threw themselves at him every chance they got, however the grass was never greener on the other side in his mind...

No woman could ever compare to Mulan,

"If you did have a lil' girlfriend, where's a romantic place you'd take her to— like specifically in California since you were born and raised here..."

Devin stroked at his chin hair while pondering the question, "To be honest I'm more of an impromptu kind of guy, so if you want specifics you're out of luck with me," the doors of the entrance had opened bringing their conversation to a close "Well there's my cue, watch me work my magic,"

Another thing about Devin was that he had superb customer service skills, even if people had no intentions of purchasing anything, he could persuade them anyway which Tec thought was kind of humorous,

Pulling his phone from his pocket he then decided in that moment, that it was time to dead the silent treatment and distance— he figured Mulan would be at work during that hour and opted to text her instead of calling; He would've preferred to hear her voice though for sure,

He initiated an outing with her and patiently waited for a response, the worst thing she could do was reject him in which he wouldn't be upset about, he'd just try harder of course,

Seeing that the message turned blue, yet no delivery status appeared underneath it caused him to frown "Did she block me?" he called afterward and it went straight to voicemail "Say Dev, hold the shop down for me I'll be back in a minute..."