Epilogue

8 years later

8 years later

"... but dad.... "Esmè" he called in a warning tone and glared at her. "You are going no where and that's final" he spoke in a pitch laced with finality and went up the stairs. "Mamá" she looked up at me with tears filled in her eyes and I sighed.

"I'm sorry princess, I may not be able to do anything about it this time but I know someone who could help you" i wiggled my brows and her eyes lit up with hope glistening in them. "Who?"

"Your grandma, mum can help you. So you're going to go to your room and freshen up then come back for dinner and after that we'd figure out how to get daddy to let you go for that party, what do you say?" She grinned and threw her arms around my torso. "Thank you mamá, I love you"

"I love you too baby" i kissed her forehead and she ran up the stairs. I smiled and shook my head in satisfaction. I never thought I'd find peace after I left the mafia life behind but the fact is that, it is one of the best decision i made.

Starting a life and a family with Riccardo is one of the best accomplishment of my life. Esmeralda, my younger daughter Isabel, my youngest daughter Amber and my baby boy Aurelio.

"Mamá" the soft voice of my Prince pulled me out of my thoughts and I looked down to find him staring at me with a grin. I bent to his level and scooped him into my arms. I wondered how he he got here cause he was still not able to walk properly, he was still at the crawling stage and I remember leaving him in his.... "Mamá" Isabel screamed and ran to the kitchen and then I got an answer to my question. She comes home early from school so once she's done with all her homework she goes straight to play with him.

"Hi baby" I kissed her cheek and a smile stretched on her lips. I didn't need to hear why she was here I could take a guess already. My dear Isabel is always hungry and she's definitely here to ask for her dinner.

"Give mamá some minutes and dinner will be served soon" she sheepishly grinned and scurried away. I turned my attention to Aurelio. "Mamá" he called again. He couldn't say more than that cause he was still some months old but I could tell what the young man wanted; my attention.

I finished preparing dinner with him in my arms and with Becca's assistance. "I'll get everyone ma'am" she announced and left while I sat on my chair with Aurelio. I bounced him up and down my thighs and tickled his neck with my nose. His giggles filled the dining room and drove me to keep up with what I was doing.

~~~~~

Apparently Riccardo didn't come for dinner so I took his food upstairs after I put Aurelio to sleep. I found him seated at the edge of the bed with papers sprawled on bed and a frown glued on his face. "Riccardo" he looked up at me and a lazy smile stretched out on his lips.

"Tesoro" I dropped the tray of food on the coffee table and arranged the files on the bed. "Maja, this case is impor... "Not as important as my husband's health" I glared at him and put the files away. "You haven't slept for the past three days and you hardly have your meals" I uttered out in annoyance and concern. He sighed but didn't say anything and let me do what I wanted cause I'd end up getting what I want either ways.