Summer House

I was never the one to speak up or to talk back to anyone.

But with him I never needed too.

He always did for me....

I was never the one who got picked first or talked to first....

I was the one who stayed to herself....but with him...I was always first.

He always saw me in the crowd I was trying to hide in....

I never thought I would find love let alone be in love....but then he stepped in a changed my entire life.

Until...he didnt...

-----

"Ella, don't forget to pack your vitamins!"

"I know Maria!"

Maria is our maid slash my babysitter, and I know she means well but at the same time she has to understand i need to learn how to do things myself and keep track of stuff by myself.

My mother thinks I'm incapable of thinking for myself all over one stupid mistake and hired her to watch over me...you think this mistake would bring her home to me but no, she's in Mulan working on a fashion line still while her daughter is left behind to deal with this...

"Here, I just packed it for you." She came in dropping off a bag of my prenatal vitamins.

"Pregnancy brain is real Elizabeth, you should let Susannah know so she can help you keep-." I cut her off as she's handing the bag to me. "You're not my mom Maria, please...I can do it myself." I sighed. "And i rather no one else knows but me...and my parents." It was bad enough I was pregnant, but for everyone else to find out.... especially.... him....

I couldn't let it happen.

He didn't deserve to have his life put on hold all because of me.

I understand I fucked up and I graduate next year... I needed to live with this mistake and learn how to live with another tiny life in my hands....

"I'm sorry Ella...I'll take this to the car, and we can go..." I nodded not looking at her. "Yeah... sounds fine to me..."

This summer I just wanted to relax and forget my worries....it was our last summer in cousins and then I would never go back....

----------

The drive was long... the silence was even longer...

As soon as we pulled in, I was greeted by Belly, Susannah, and Laurel.

I got out the car running into Belly's arm hugging her tightly careful of my hidden stomach to not bump against her. "Where so glad you could make it!" Susannah gushed hugging me next. She looked towards the car with a smile. "No Anna?" she asked me. "Nope, just me again like the last four years..." i sighed...