Chapter 1

Rain.

Momo loved when it rained.

A small cafe rested in between the large corporal buildings of Shizuoka, it looked rather out of place given its small, warm, rustic appearance against the monochromatic, glass prisons of the office buildings lining up the streets. The buildings seemed endless and blocked off a clear view of the clouds. Like one large box full of intricate mazes. Momo had grown to hate the sight of these buildings after years of being in her parents' corporal grasp. She felt trapped.

Momo parked her black Sedan across the street and rushed over to the cafe, making sure to not get too wet. Her heels hitting small puddles and kicking up water as she went. Taking hold of the heavy, wooden door, she opened it quickly. The loving embrace of warmth and smell of coffee immediately hit her. The feeling of walking into the cafe always reminded her of why she loved this place. Almost like a wave of nostalgia to her days of college where she would visit religiously for hot drinks and breakfast. Even now she still comes to the cafe frequently just before heading to work.

Momo walked over to the woman at the counter, making sure her back was straight while a gentle smile plagued her lips. She'd gotten to know every employee over the years and enjoyed the company of all of them. To the point where she felt more comfortable around them, than her own parents. Which didn't really count for much but still.

The women at the counter looked towards her. Her face immediately twisting into a larger smile, beaming happily in Momo's direction. "Oh Yaoyorozu-san! What can I get for you today? Your usual?"

"Yes please, how have you been Kendo-san?"

Kendo rushed off to prepare Momo's drink, her usual was a lavender tea which seemed perfect to sit with while watching the rain fall beyond the glass windows. "Coming right up! You can go sit at your table and I'll bring it to you in a moment. I've been good, me and Monoma finally moved in together last week. How have you been?"

Momo's eyes went slightly downcast at the mention of Kendo's boyfriend, she felt a twinge of jealousy through her chest but quickly discarded those thoughts and instead headed to the booth nearest the window while talking back to Kendo. "I've been fine. The office has been more busy lately, my father plans to open a new business across seas so I'll most likely be away over seeing the plans in person for him." She sat down at the booth looking out as the rain hit the glass. She loved the sound of the rain, it gave a sense of peace and a nice ambiance to listen to.

"Oh I see, I'm assuming you won't be at the cafe for a while then?" The disappointment was clear in Kendos voice. "Going away and getting to see a new country for a bit does sound exciting though. Hopefully you'll get some time to yourself to explore a bit." Her voice cheered up a bit at the idea of Momo being able to relax away from home. She brought the raven haired girl's drink over in a take out cup in case she had to leave. Momo had a bad habit of losing her sense of time and often had to leave her cups half full. Kendo quickly learned this and started to always give her the takeaway cups.

Momo thanked her and picked up her tea without her gaze ever leaving the window, her head resting on her free hand. "Yes, but my trip isn't for the next couple of months. I'll let you know when I'm leaving. Knowing my company there will be no chance for sleep let alone time to explore unfortunately." She spoke softly. Her gaze lingered over the droplets of rain falling down the glass while taking her first sip of the hot beverage.

The door's bell chimed as a short, brown haired girl walked in. She was half drenched in water with a large hood covering the majority of her face. Kendo walked away from Momo's table to greet the girl and brought her over to the counter to take her order. The girl peeled off her leather jacket to reveal a hoodie for a band the raven haired girl had never heard of before. As the girl turned around her brown eyes immediately met with Momo's black eyes as a smile creeped onto both their faces. Uraraka Ochako!