Proof (Douma x Gn! reader)

CW: brief mention of death, brief mention of blood.

“Akaza-dono! Look, look!”

Douma, who was walking beside Akaza around the Infinity Castle, showed him his left hand. A proud look on the demon’s face as he showed off the engament ring on his finger. The Upper Three stared at it, scoffing at the sight. The idea of someone wanting to engage with Douma was unbelievable to him.

“There’s no way someone wants to marry you. You must be making them up.”

“Woah, you are so mean, Akaza-dono! (Name) is real! They are the cutest demon that has ever existed!”

Douma rested his hand on his chest as he faked being hurt by his “best friend” words. A tear rolling down his cheek as he did so. The Upper Two kept following Akaza by the corridors on the Infinity Castle, not caring that the Upper Three had increased his pace.

Once Douma was close enough, he tried to rest his hand on Akaza’s shoulder, searching for, perhaps, an apology or encouraging words. Neither of those happened. Only one thing did: Akaza slapped Douma’s hand away.

“You are delusional.”

___________________________________

The dim light of the candles was the only thing that lit the area, making the place feel calmer. (Name) was sitting on their fiancé’s big, fluffy, purple cushion while Douma was resting on their lap, whining about what had happened with a sad voice.

“Let’s see if I understood it correctly. You want me to meet with Akaza to show him I’m real?”

Douma nodded, lifting his head from his beloved lap to look at them with sad, begging eyes. (Name) sighed. They didn’t want to have to prove they were real to anyone. And honestly, it bothered them Akaza didn’t believe their fiancé and kept hurting him at any chance.

Douma’s intentions were slightly different. While it was true the Upper Two wanted to introduce them to Akaza, it wasn’t due to the Upper Three implying (Name) wasn’t real. It was because Douma wanted to show his fiancé off. They were perfect. So stunning. So loving. Everything the Upper Two had ever desired. Douma couldn’t let the chance of bragging about his lover slip. Not when it was in front of him.

There was a moment of silence, the only sound audible being the sizzles of the candles.

“Sure, I will do so. For you.”

(Name) was the one to break it, finally agreeing. If it made Douma happy, they would do it.

“You are the best, sweetheart!”

Douma got up, giving (Name) a peek on the lips to show his appreciation. Once he was done, he returned to rest his head on their beloved’s lap, humming in satisfaction when they started running their hands through his soft, platinum strands. Douma smirked as his beloved pampered him, thinking of how stunned Akaza would be when he met them. Oh, he couldn’t wait!

___________________________________

It had been a while since Akaza had been able to find a strong, worthy slayer. The Upper Three was enjoying himself, dodging and attacking with all he had. The Hashira he was fighting was strong. Very strong. The clash of his fists on the metal of his opponent’s katana kept resonating in the forest. The night was still young, so he would have a lot of time to enjoy himself.

The adrenaline was rushing through the Upper Three veins, making a smirk appear on his face. That was what he had been looking for: an adept figther! So Akaza decided to make an offer, one he only reserved for those he thought worthy. He asked the slayer if he wanted to become a demon. Before the human could reply to his offer, a spark of golden metal cut through the Hashira. Killing them instantly. The Upper Three’s eyes widened, looking at the now motionless body in front of him.

“What the –“

“Akaza-dono, look! I brought my lovely, adorable fiancé so you could meet them.”

The Upper Three didn’t care about Douma’s fiancé. Much less about the Upper Two. He was having the fight of his life when Douma dared to interrupt him and kill his opponent for something as trivial as introducing his fiancé to him.

Akaza clenched his hands, wanting nothing more than to punch Douma. So he did. As soon as his fist was about to hit the Upper Two’s face, a barrier got in between them. Stopping Akaza. While the Upper Three frowned, a smirk appeared on Douma’s face as he closed his fan, leaving a trail of blood behind.

“Don’t touch him.”

(Name)’s voice was icy as they emerged from the darkness of the forest, their (e/c) eyes glinting with a warning. Their hand was already resting on the whip they had on their belt, just in case Akaza tried something funny.

“Are you the one that always hurts my soon-to-be husband?”

The tension was clear, and (Name)’s words only helped increase it. They shot daggers at the Upper three, getting closer to Douma as they did so. (Name) desired nothing more than to fight Akaza for constantly hurting their lover. They were ready to do so when Douma wrapped his arms around both of them, bringing them closer to him.

“See, Akaza-dono? (Name) is real! And they are so strong. They were even able to stop your attack with their Blood Demon Art. Aren’t they amazing?”

(Name) was able to calm down in their lover’s embrace, their gaze turning softer and more loving as he kept praising them in front of the other Upper Moon. But Douma’s words and embrace had the opposite effect on Akaza.

“Get your hand off of me.”

As Akaza was speaking, he launched another punch at Douma’s face. The hit reached the Upper Two this time, making him bleed and creating an opportunity for Akaza to step away. (Name) felt their blood boil. They couldn’t fathom how the Upper Three kept daring to hurt their beloved. So, with a swift movement, (Name) unleashed their whip.

“How dare you!”

A fight finally began between Akaza and (Name). The Upper Two watched them from the side, giggling as he regenerated. His fan covering his mouth.

“They get along so well!” Douma said to himself. He was glad (Name) and Akaza made such a wonderful first impression to each other, after all!