Prologue

.・✭・゜・。・..·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·..・。.・゜✭・.

"For him, you are like a mother who takes care of him and a friend who would never betray him. Whenever he is hungry or is unable to find his favourite shirt, he will come to you. When he is having issues in his personal life, he would not hesitate in sharing that as well. In you, he has found a very rare combination and thus, he rightfully adores you."

.・✭・゜・。・..·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·..・。.・゜✭・.

~*~♡~*~♥~*~♡~*~♥~*~♡~*~♥~*~♡~*~

There were good days. Then there were bad days. Today is a good day.

After a short but refreshing rain shower, the glowing sun has emerged and cast its warm rays upon Hastinapur. A playful breeze sweeps through the city, teasing the leaves and branches of trees, but never with enough force to cause any damage. The lively sounds of the bustling metropolis resonate throughout the air, filling the atmosphere with vibrant energy.

As the hustle and bustle of the city continues, there's a serene and charming sight just outside its limits. A young lady, radiating with joy, strolls along the sandy path, holding the hand of a curious and cheerful 4-year-old boy. He skips alongside her, his tiny feet playfully dragging in the sand, leaving behind a trail of imprints.

"Have you ever taken a closer look at sand, Chitrangada? It's pretty fascinating how it has different colors in it," she begins, bending down to the ground.

As she enjoys the warmth of the sun and the sound of the waves rolling onto the shore, her adorable companion eagerly mimics her every move. With a child-like curiosity and excitement, he buries his tiny hands deep into the soft sand, determined to uncover any hidden treasures that may lay beneath the surface. His infectious giggles fill the air, and his fingers eagerly scoop and shovel the sand, as he eagerly awaits the possibility of discovering something wondrous.

And something wondrous, he did find. A shell, golden in color, and the size of his hand, shows up.

"Bhabhi, look!" he exclaims, looking down in awe. "It's beautiful!"

She smiles watching him spin in circles, happy at this discovery. Suddenly, the boy stops and looks back at his guardian briefly. A soft gasp escapes his mouth, a look of surprise dawning on his little face.

"It matches!" he shouts, loud enough for everyone in a 5-mile radius to hear. "Bhabhi is matches!"

Curious, she sits up, furrowing her eyebrows at him. "What does it match darling?"

"Bhabhi it matches-"

"Your eyes."

Chitrangada jumps, stunned by the sudden interruption in the, so far, calm stroll. A man, definitely younger than thirty, crouches down to the young prince's side, chuckling at his reaction.

"Oh dear," Divija whispers, realizing quickly that her pal is on the verge of spilling tears. She opens up her arms immediately, waiting for him to embrace her. "Are you okay?"

The boy shook his head and quickly buried himself in Divija's embrace, passing his older brother a stank eye.

"Sorry, anuja." he apologizes, rubbing Chitrangada's hand softly. "I didn't mean to startle you."

"He's lucky you're not as hot-headed as your brother," Divija laughs, patting Chitrangada's back. "Right, Chitrangada?"

"Yeah," he whispers, getting comfortable. "Can we go home now?"

"Do you want the shell?"

"Yes, bhabhi."

"I am sure you will get that for him," Divija states, addressing her husband for the first time since the exchange.

He nods, following the instructions given to him with a solemn smile.

"I am sorry for interrupting you two." he apologizes, his voice genuinely regretful. "The queen had asked me to fetch Chitrangada before lunch was served, and I didn't realize he would be scared."

"It's alright," Chitrangada replies for Divija. "I was missing Mata anyway."

"You weren't having fun?" Divija questions, looking at her little companion.

He giggles, throwing his head back, "I was having fun Bhabhi!"

"But you said you missed your Mata?"

"Oh, he always misses her." the older Kuru Prince chimes in, narrowing his eyes flippantly. "Mama's boy, aren't you Chitrangada?"

"Bhabhi he's being mean again!"

Divija shakes her head, laughing softly. "Oh, you two better knock it off. *whispering* Don't worry Chitrangada. He's just as much of a Mama's boy as you are."

The pair exchanged a soft chuckle, passing a congratulatory high five as their opponent trailed behind, his facial expression contorted in defeat as he was outsmarted by the cunning teamwork of the victors - his toddler brother and his own wife.

Observing their antics, Devavrata shook his head in disbelief, marveling at their cleverness. Perhaps there was a thing or two he could learn from their strategy.

"Or even three!" Chitrangada and Divija chimed in, their laughter ringing out joyfully.

.・✭・゜・。・..·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·..・。.・゜✭・.

・✭・゜・。・

.・✭・゜・。・..·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·..・。.・゜✭・.