Chapter 08: About Time

He stared outside the window for a split second and then turned to meet my eyes, They were frozen on him and surprisingly I didn't feel weird, he calmly declared 

"Remember earlier you were reading!" 

"Yeah, it's hard to forget when you get caught crying over an imaginary character. "

" Hey, that was a sentimental scene, you're allowed to be affected by it."

"I'm kinda going through the same thing as he did in that part you were reading." 

"Is your Dad suing you?"

"Something like that!" 

The wound is fresh and this is getting him in his feelings probably he didn't want to talk about it, or dive into that rabbit hole neither did I to be honest; so I let him be, I'm not going to push any buttons, or make him talk about it, I don't want to know more and I already know way too much.

The car stopped, and the driver said that we had arrived at our destination, Sam opened the door and offered me his hand, we were both on our feet now, and the Uber faded among the cars in the street it looks like.

The destination was what appeared to be a fancy restaurant, It's around where I live but I'd never noticed it, I was surprised at how fancy this place was, the bar was decorated with fancy bottles, glasses, and cups; the walls had various paintings and the furniture was very classy and modern. It was so glamorous.

By bringing me here I'm guessing he thinks I'm 21 or older, and I don't know whether I should take it as a wake-up call, do I look old? Rose, it's time for some stronger skin care. Anyway, let's hope that the bartender doesn't ask for my ID.

He leads the way to the table next to a tree, It sounds ridiculous but it makes this place look on another level, everything screams expensive out loud. Sam seemed to be a regular here, the workers were welcoming him back.

The waiter didn't come right away, he gave us some time before he walked and asked "How can I help you?"
Sam replied, "I know we're late, but is there any wine-tasting session tonight?"
The waiter said with a wide fake smile " ofc, we'll start one for you Sir right away"

The waiter walked away with smooth steps, the further he got the wider the silence gap fell between us, but it didn't feel that bad. 

The eye contact filled the silence and every space between us, and his eyes stirred the butterflies again, but this time they were kind of moving everywhere at the same time, and the feeling was intense. It's like they're dancing to the music played by his gaze.

He leaned his chest forward and put his crossed arms on the table.  

He cracked the silence " Are you comfortable, or would you rather go some other place ?" 

" No, this place is great, probably too great" I paused while looking around the place "I'm just not used to places like these, where everything is expensive " 
He said with a smirk, "It's not a bad habit to start!" 

This guy is hitting buttons I'd like to keep untouched, even undiscovered; I've never been in a relationship, and I've had my share of crushes over the years. But the guys seemed to either be taken or really out of my league, so I remained a virgin in every way possible, even in the emotional department.

 Maybe it's for the better, to keep myself away from my very optimistic goals, otherwise, I'd be walking around playing with hearts left and right.

" I don't think it's a habit I would want to maintain," I replied curtly.

" Well, this is a precedent, I didn't think you'd be this renitent, but it's understandable Lady Stark. "

"You're still hanging on to that Game of Thrones nickname thing. "