Chapter one

I looked around for my name but I couldn't find it. After 10 minutes of looking around I decided they weren't here. I sat down on a bench and turned on my iPod. The song Paper Forts by Farewell my love came on.
I haven't talked to anyone since I was four when my parents left me. I thought it was my fault so I just didn't talk to anyone. My uncle took me to so many people I lost count. He thought it was just a phase but after ten years of not talking he gave up.
I talked to myself when I was alone and I sang but I had to make sure no one was around.
I was afraid if someone heard me talk them I'd tell them how I felt and thar would be disastrous.
I started to doze off when someone shook my shoulder. I looked up to see a woman with dark brown hair and bright green eyes standing over me. I pulled out my ear buds and shoved my iPod in my pocket.
"You must be Addison. I'm Alexa, your parents friend. I'm sorry to hear about what happened." Her voice was chirpy like a birds.
I pulled out my notebook and pencil.
I don't talk.
She read it and looked at me curiously
" oh okay well that's fine. Come on Robert is waiting in the car for us."
She grabbed one of my bags and walked off. I followed her outside. The summer heat had died down and a cool breeze had picked up. She led me to a navy blue van. A man with slight gray hair and a small stubble got out and stuck out his hand.
" I'm Robert. I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your uncle."
I didn't take his hand. It's not that I was trying to be rude but I didn't like physical contact with anybody. If I started hugging them or something like that I'll become attached and then who knows what.
Robert took my bag from me and put it in the back.
I got in and Robert turned towards me. "Are you hungry? We can go eat somewhere."
Alexa spoke for me. "She doesn't talk."
His smile faded off his face. "Oh okay. Are you hungry? Just shake your head yes or no."
I shook my head no. Truth was I was anorexic. I never ate unless I was forced to, but I wasn't going to tell them that. I had made that mistake with my uncle and he sat down to watch me eat every meal.There was a point when I became bulimic because of him.if he was going to make me eat it then I was going to throw it up.
So we headed to their house. I had only met these people once when I was little.
When we got to their house I headed up. To my room. I knew it was mine because there was sign next to it that said Addison.
The walls were a baby blue and the sheets on the bed were a peach color.
"This was your room before your parent left." I turned to see Alexa standing in the doorway.
That's why it looked like I'd seen it before.
I scribbled something in my notebook and showed it to Alexa
I'm gonna go to bed for tonight.
"Okay we can get everything unpacked and situated tomorrow"
and she left.
I shut my door and pulled out my iPod turning on my music. I laid down on the bed not bothering to cover up because of how stuffy the room already was.
How do my life come to this?. Oh yeah everyone has abandoned me and it's just a matter of time before Robert an Alexa do too.
____________________________________________________________
Did you like it!?!?!! N comment your name and I'll use it in my story