ᴠɪɪɪ.

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

"So, you're gonna leave?" Rocket asks Quill in disbelief.

"My mother died in front of me when I was eight years old, and I have been running ever since. I'm gonna need to take some time...and learn how to swim," Peter tells the Guardians, turning toward his sister with a smile once he utters the last sentence, smiling at Mantis. Mantis returns the smile.

"I as well," Mantis announces, causing Drax, Nebula, and Imra to glance at each other.

"I love you all. I do. But my whole life I did whatever Ego wanted, and then, I did whatever the Guardians wanted. I need to go out and discover what I want," Mantis declares with a grin.

"I'll come with you," Drax offers.

"No, Drax. That's the whole point," Mantis protests.

"But you need someone to protect you," Drax insists.

"Excuse you?" Imra questions, raising an eyebrow, and placing both hands on her hips, causing Drax to turn toward the white-haired woman.

"I don't," Mantis denies.

"Not in a bad way. Just because of your incredible weakness," Drax states.

"Oh, my gosh, you're so frustrating!" Mantis cries out.

"She'll be fine. She has the abilisks by her side," Imra speaks, causing Mantis to nod gratefully.

"Drax. I need you here. We're building a new society. I need all the support I can get for those children out there. Today, I saw who you were. You weren't born to be a 'destroyer.' You were born to be a Dad," Nebula tells the gray-skinned man, who smiles in response to her comment.

"So, you'll lead the Guardians then?" Rocket inquires.

"No. I'm gonna lead the city, make it the type of home I never had," Nebula declares proudly.

"So, that's it? The group's over?" Rocket questions sadly.

"No. Well, the Galaxy still needs its Guardians. And you will make a better leader than I ever was, Cap'n," Peter tells the raccoon, pounding his fist against his shoulder.

Mantis repeats his actions, then Imra, next is Drax, Nebula, and Groot last.

"I love you, guys," Groot speaks with a grin.