Chapter Two Plans

September 20, 2015, 11:55 pm, Leonard's POV

    "I do not understand why the fuck we had to come all the way out here. She doesn't have super hearing." I snark as I lean against the bookshelf. Victor glares into my soul, and Itzal's look isn't any kinder. Camile doesn't even react. He just keeps eating his decadent-smelling seafood boil. I have my suspicions Victor thinks the same as I do because he keeps glaring at Camile.

    "You know why we're here." Victor says ominously, and I roll my eyes, 'always the showman.'

    "You don't run shit," Camile says after swallowing his mouthful, and I begin craving his food. I had politely asked for some, but he immediately said no. 'I can't really blame him. I still do, but moving back, I can't really blame him because the last time he let me try some food during these BS chats, The Monster inside me tried to take all of his food.'

    "I do-" Victor says and then gives up fighting that battle. He can't make Itzal do shit. Itzal may be an Associate of the French Mafia, but the guy is like a cat. He comes for pets, but secretly he would kill us if it benefited him at any time. Then Victor tried putting his finger in Camile's face when Victor was thirteen, and no one saw Camile move, but a second later, Victor's finger was pointing in a different way at an unnatural angle. The only proof Camile did it was the satisfied look on his face. To his credit, Victor didn't scream. He just got even a week later by breaking into Camile's house and breaking three ribs with a crowbar... now me, no one tells me what to do.

    "Leonard, have a seat," Itzal says and points to the closest chair. I glare at him and sit down, 'because I wanted to. Not because of the gun, the trigger-happy psycho keeps flashing.'

    "I would rather not see you three, so if we could expedite this talk," Itzal says, pulling out a Now and Later candy and putting it in his mouth.

    "Stop acting like you three have shit to do. You don't. I've watched you all fail from the sidelines." Victor says, leaning back, and Camile snorts.

    "I did not wipe out. She hates you." Camile says matter-of-factly while taking a bite out of his corn cob, and Victor's eyes narrow as his jaw tenses.

    "That is intentional." Victor gets out through gritted teeth, and Camile and Itzal snort in unison.

    "No, it wasn't," I say, and Victor stops spinning the knife in his hand to point the sharp edge at me.

   "She fears you. You have no right to say anything." Victor says, and I feel my body deflate. 'My initial meeting with her was purely accidental. I was checking out the inside of her dorm, and then, when I finished, I ran into her. I didn't know she was her until she walked toward her door. Afterward, I could say it was obvious because of her precious eyes, but I really wasn't paying attention. I was enjoying the nerves coming off her.' I lean back in my chair and remember how her reactions have vastly changed since the second week of school.

    'I tried to get close to her, but she seemed to be avoiding me. And I calculated it, so I was right there when Itzal's gym class ended, and she looked like she was seconds from hyperventilating, to the point Itzal got points for 'rescuing' her from me. The only part that appeased me was that she ditched him too after he got her visibly far enough from me.'

    "She is just being a girl." I protest without any actual backing in my tone, but Victor snorts.

    "Have you seen the tapes? I caught up with Vico, so he let me see them. She watched you beat the shit out of that Academic twig for a soccer eraser." Victor says, and my eyes widen... Her class... shit, her class was right next to that.'