Melume x Aloha - Brunch buddies (UNDER EDITING)

Chapter 3: Melume wakes up, ready to take on the challenges that await her. The main challenge being interacting with inklings. But things don't go as planned when Aloha invites Melume to brunch with his teammates.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

Melume's pov:

I woke up a bit after sunrise. The cats were still here, just not on my lap. Just chilling against the wall. I stood up and stretched, almost fell down because probably low iron or something, and I got myself a drink from a vending machine using a coin i found. The drink was labeled: Liquid Sunshine. I took a sip, and it tasted like strawberry lemonade but extra sweet, along with some brown sugar boba at the bottom. The sweetness was heavenly, and it was pretty hydrating too. 

Still a bit tired, I walked around a bit since it was pretty much empty around the square. Shops, more shops, yada yada. I realized I had my hoodie and beanie off. Shit. 'If anyone saw me right now I would be fu-' there was a random inkling staring at me. After making eye contact with it for like three seconds, I quickly ran off to the alley to avoid that happening again- I put my beanie and my hoodie on, and sat back down on the ground for some meditation. It was rare to ever get a moment to chill when I was apart of the octarian army, so I really needed this.

*TIMESKIP brought to you by shitty writers block:*

I felt a fluffy paw boop my arm. I open my eyes to see the bigger cat staring at me, as if trying to tell me something. "Meow. (It's later in the morning now.)" 'Huh. I guess I am able to understand the little guy. Neat. Welp. I guess I should go walk or something, I can't just sit in the alley all day.'

No one's pov:

Melume stood up and took a deep breath. 'Here I go. Again.' They then walked into the now lively square, and wandered around. 'Remember. You now go by the name Melody. They can't know your real name. They can't know who you truly are.' They thought to themselves. 

"Oh look who it is! Hey Melody!"

Melume's pov:

I froze. 'Oh fuck! Nonono! Cephalo-god no! Where are those shades when i need them-' I turn around to see Aloha, and his teammates I saw at the match yesterday. "I- hello...A-Aloha was your name, right?" I've learned inklish pretty well, but i have a still have a stuttering problem. But its okay, i guess. "Yep! My name is still Aloha, sweetheart~!" He was cut off by one of his teammates before he could say any more. "Aloha! Don't flirt with random people! You're making them flustered!" I guess she noticed i had a light blue blush appearing on my face. "What~? I'm not flirting. All I said was sweetheart!" I quickly interrupted, "Uhm. May I know your name? And their names too, if it's not too much to ask." I asked, pointing to the inkling girl in front of Aloha, then the two other members of the team behind the two.

"My name's Straw-chan! Just call me Straw though." The girl wearing the straw hat happily answered. "My name is Octoglasses." "And I'm Diver!" They all seemed rather friendly, and excited to meet me. "It is nice to meet you three. I'm Mel.....Melody." 'Shit. I almost said my actual name.'  "Well, it is nice to meet you too Melody. Aloha, you know them?" Scuba asked, clearly confused. "Oh, right! I saw them in the crowd during the match yesterday. I've never seen them around before, so I went up to her. Turns out they're new around here so I figured they could use a new friend!" I looked away, a little embarrassed. I'm still not used to this much attention. "Say, Melody, how about you come with us for some brunch? If that's okay with everyone, of course." Octoglasses asked to the four of us. Everyone seemed in on it. "Melody, you wanna come? It's quite an honor to be invited to brunch with one of the S4 teams. What do ya say, darling?" He came closer to me, and held out his hand, while having a wide smirk on his face. I thought for a moment. "I uh- sure! I'd be uh- happy to." I took his hand and they walked me to a nearby cafe. 'S4? What the hell is an S4? Okay maybe I can ask that later. But...hopefully i can trust these four.'

Before I knew it, I was sitting down at an outside table with the pink team, eating our food. I got some chocolate chip pancakes, because they sounded pretty good. And i was correct. They were amazing. Didn't have stuff like this back in Octo Valley. 

"So Melody, how 'bout you tell us a bit about yourself?" 'Oh fuck.' "I'm not sure what I should say...how about you ask me questions that I can answer instead?" Octoglasses looked at me and asked "What weapon do you use? I can see you got a weapon carrier over there." "Oh! Of course!" I pulled out my splatana wiper deco out of my bag. "This is my splatana wiper! Specifically the deco variant." They all looked amazed. "Where did you get that? Theres no weapons like that around here!" Aloha asked, seemingly with stars in his eyes. 'Huh. They're weirdly invested in this.' 

"Oh, it's an import. My hometown was able to trade with the weapon makers and got this imported for me. I think it's specifically from a place called Splatsville." They all really were obsessing over it. "I can meet you all in the training rooms sometime so I can show you how it works! If you- y'know...want to." I suddenly hear a boy yell "Hi Aloha!" It was that goggle wearing kid from that other team that went against Aloha yesterday. Right next to Goggles was a boy with a bit darker skin. He was wearing a black jacket, black shoes, and was holding a dynamo roller. I immediately was feeling uneasy about this guy. 'Do I recognize this guy? Where have I seen him before...oh. OH.'

"Oh hi you two! And the other three blue idiots..meet Melody! They're a new friend of ours." Aloha replied. He seemed rather excited to have me as a friend. "This is Goggles and Rider!" Rider immediately started staring at me. 'Oh no...' He's seen me before. I heard him mumble to Goggles, "They're wearing an octoling uniform. Don't trust them." 'Shit. He definitely knows.' He and the other 4 blue inklings walked over to our table. The girl wearing headphones looked shocked. "Woah. They're just casually having brunch with one of the S4 teams..." that confused me. "S...4?" "Ah, we're just one of the four best teams here." Aloha stated casually with his signature smirk on his face.

Stars appeared in my eyes. "Woahhh!!!! Thats so amazing!! Well it is very cool that i get to have brunch with you four then." A genuine smile formed on my face. While the pink team looked very happy as well, The blue ones and Rider took a seat at another table. But Rider kept his eye on me...

The rest of the time with them was great. They were very friendly and talking a lot, letting me also talk if I wanted to. After everyone was finished, Aloha payed the bill and we said our goodbyes. "It was nice meeting you Melody!" The other three pink squids exclaimed. "It was nice meeting you three as well. And it was fun seeing you again, Aloha." "You're welcome to join us for anything if you want, darling. You got my number if you wanna talk or anything. Seeya later, darling~" they then walked off, to go do their own thing. As i was about to walk back to the alley, something firmly grabbed my shoulder. It was Rider, from earlier. "I know you're not an inkling. I'm onto you...." He glared at me, and walked away. 'That guy is definitely gonna be a problem-'

I made it back to the alley. It was about noon at that time. I decided to rest for a bit, cause that took a lot out of me.

(Also this chapter is getting really fucking long i'm gonna pause it here rq)