1

"Guys!" Kunikida shouted, flinging the door to the agency wide open.

"Yeah yeah." Dazai said. "You want us to finish the reports. We'll do it."

Kunikida stood there, confused. "I wasn't going to say that..."

Atsushi sprung up from his chair and placed his hand on Kunikida's forehead. "He doesn't have a fever!" He said.

"Maybe he needs surgery..." Yosano said.

"I'm perfectly fine. There's just a crime scene we need to investigate. All of us." Kunikida said, brushing away Atsushi's hand.

"What happened?" Kenji asked.

"Apparently there was a fire that was set off and a child was the only one able to put it out."

"Wait really?" Kyoka said.

"Whoa." Ranpo said, his face stuffed with snacks. He stood up from his desk and stood beside Kunikida. The others also stood up and they headed towards the crime scene.

------

"Excuse me, are you the Armed Detective Agency?" A police officer said.

"Yes that's us!" Dazai said cheerfully. "How may we be of service?"

"You see that kid over there?" The police officer pointed to a child with blue hair, who was fiddling anxiously with his fingers.

"That's the kid who put out the fire." Ranpo said.

"That's right." The police officer said. "Junpei Hoshino, 13. Lost both of his parents when he was very young."

"I don't see how a child of his age could put out such a large fire." Atsushi said.

"His special ability gives him the power to manipulate fire at his will. Whether that's creating it, putting out it, etc."

"I'm gonna talk to him." Dazai said, starting to walk over to where Junpei was.

"He doesn't talk that much, so be aware of that!" The police officer shouted.

"Don't worry!" Dazai said, waving his hand in the air dismissively. He sat down beside Junpei, catching the child's attention. "You're Junpei Hoshino, am I right?" Dazai said. Junpei nodded affirmatively in response.

"Good, because I've got some questions to ask you."