-1-

2023

"The Extent of the German Drama: "The German football is trailing behind"

"Too nervous, too passive... the disappointment is huge but at the end of the day Germany did not deliver enough."

"Germany's Football is down: After the men's early elimination, Germany's women undergo historical loss in World Cup. Demand for drastic change gets louder. "

"Experts on women's elimination: "The football giant Germany has become a myth from old days."

"Viewers were fed devastating images of the players huddling in their hoodies, crumpled on the ground or shrugging their shoulders in bewildered despair"

"Did Germany unlearn how to play Football?

"It was the team's first goal of the World Cup, after two defeats, and criminally comedic defending by Germany. Their defense clueless, like the men's."

"German football, both for men and women is in crisis. Why the nation was once strong, and what trends she is missing again:"

"It has to be acknowledged that all our efforts are for nothing, if we take too long to adjust to them, the 47-year-old former trainer criticized."

"Even the praised women's team was eliminated in the group stage. It is their first time since the beginning of the Women's World Cup in 1991."

"If there is one thing this group stage has shown it is that the gap between the traditional powerhouses and the rest is closing rapidly. Overconfidence and a lack of a coherent strategy to deal with increasingly well-managed teams is proving costly."

""The German football is trailing behind.": DFB only a shadow of its former greatness."

"20 years after Germany's first World Cup win, and 10 years after securing their last European Championship triumph, it is now high time to talk openly about the deficiencies both on and off the pitch."

"We need new ideas, openness for fresh impulses and players. Yet the feeling remains, it won't change."

"First, we have to really let it sink in. We really suffered with them during the match, especially watching the girls lying distraught on the ground ... there's nothing worse than when the tournament still has two weeks to run and you have to go home. You just want the tournament to be over at that point."

"Tears on the pitch."