xiii. [epilogue]

Upon discovering [Name] had left Liyue again, Zhongli was not pleased. However, instead of storming Mondstadt like he did but a week ago, he sighed, sipped his tea, and sent a small prayer hoping that Venti would look after her. The response he got was a subtle breeze against his face.

Xiao watched from his perch on a nearby tree, noting his archon's annoyed expression. He watched as Zhongli relaxed before deciding it was time to visit the mortal girl he had been growing fond of. Zhongli felt his presence disappear and hummed in content. Perhaps he, too, would visit his beloved...

•••

[Name] yawned, stretching her arms above her head. She was sat under Venti, who was resting on her lap. She smiled fondly at the bard, threading her fingers through his hair. He gave a pleased hum, nuzzling further into her thighs.

"You're warm," he mumbled sleepily. "Can I stay here forever?"

She gave a soft chuckle, pressing a kiss to his head. Venti gave a quiet groan. "You can stay here for as long as you want."

"Mm. [Name]?"

"Yes?"

"Did the ring disappear?"

She glanced down at her left hand, spotting the wind ring on her ring finger. "No. It's still here."

"That means you're my wife, then."

"Does it?" He nodded. "Very well. The one before you is your wife."

"That means I can mark you as mine." A moan escaped her lips as he dug his teeth into her shoulder. He pulled back not long after, giving a few licks to the bruising skin. "Mine. I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"It hurt a bit, but it's okay."

"Sorry."

"It's fine." Venti settled comfortably on her boobs. "I think I love you. You're my xīngān."

"I think I love you too," he responded, glancing at the vixen. She exhaled softly, closing her eyes as she pulled her arms around the bard. Suddenly, he gasped in offense. "When were you gonna tell me you're pregnant?"

"I'm what?!"

"Kidding~!"

"Barbatos!" she hissed, glaring at him. He stuck his tongue out teasingly, only to yelp when she tried to bite it. "Don't scare me like that, Venti."

"Ehe...sorry."

"No you aren't."

"You're right. I'm not."

"Asshole..."

•••

so do yall think hes kidding? and yes this is short. its the epilogue. happy endings!! i ran out of steam for this fic so i deeply apologize!

check out labor if you haven't already! it's a kazuha fic about an overworked idol. it'll be getting updated soon—i'm reworking a few chapters and i'm planning on a lot of stuff for it. hopefully itll work out.

also! my nephew recently pulled jean for me! so i have jean now! :D i also have guaranteed for venti when he possibly reruns in 4.1! so yay!

i hope y'all enjoyed this fic. if you did, please make sure to vote. it helps me out a lot by letting me meet more amazing people!