I Love You

TWs:
Cussing (duh)
Alcohol
Fighting

No one ever moved, so Stan, Kyle, and Cartman are still neighbors.
Stan-15
Kyle-15

Enjoy! :)

Stans POV

The sound of footsteps wake me up. I keep my eyes shut, hoping to fall back asleep. It's Saturday, meaning I get to sleep in. Wait, wasn't I supposed to do something today? Nah. I feel myself drifting back to sleep as the footsteps stop and my door slams open, startling me awake.
    "Stan!" I hear a familiar voice call. I roll over to see with an orange coat and a green ushanka hat with a few red curls spilling out from underneath. God I love his hair. Wait what the fuck dude that's gay.
    "Hey, Ky!" I greet tiredly, sitting up slowly and rubbing my eyes. I look over at the alarm on my bedside table. 10:37. Shit.
    "C'mon! We're going to the movies today, remember? Get dressed quickly or we're gonna be late!" He says. Ohhh right. That's what I'm doing today. Whatever, the movie will probably be shitty, but at least Kyle will be there.
    "Alright, I'll meet you down there." I say with a smile. He nods and backs out of my room and shuts the door, leaving me to get dressed.
    I slip on my brown coat, and pull my favorite blue and red hat onto my head, covering my greasy black hair.
    As I'm walking out of the room, I glance at my bottom dresser drawer. I've been keeping my 'serum' in there for years. No one knows, not even Kyle. i should probably have some, I don't wanna ruin the movie for Kyle.. No. I'll be fine without it today. I've been trying to stop having some everyday, I don't want my liver to be absolutely destroyed before I'm an adult. Kyle would kill me. I wish I could talk to him about it. but.. I don't want him to leave. Not again.
    I head downstairs and hear Kyle talking to my father. I really don't like my dad. He's addicted to alcohol and drugs, and is probably the reason I drink alcohol all the time (other than those weirdos who thought aliens were controlling everything). He yells and hits, but mom's too scared to ever say anything. Yet here he is, talking to my best friend like everything's fine.
    "Hey son! You're pretty late!" He says, turning to look at me and waving a little "Y'know, I was thinking.." His words turn to static. This is all so shitty. Goddammit.
    "Hey, I'll be right back! I uhh.. forgot something in my room..?" I say awkwardly. Kyle gives me a look but I turn away before he can question it. He continues chatting with my father, looking slightly uncomfortable. I run upstairs and into my room, opening my bottom drawer quietly.
    Just a little bit. That should be good. Hell, the first time I got drunk, I only had one glass! I was such a lightweight. I quickly open the bottle of whiskey and take a long sip. One sip turns to two, and two turns into three. It used to be bitter and burn my throat, but by now I've gotten used to it. (Sorry if any of that's inaccurate, I don't drink 💀👍) It's not like I drink it for the taste, anyway. I drink it for the feeling. I bring the bottle down from my lips and look at it. A little more can't hurt, right?
    "Stan? C'mon dude we're gonna be late if you don't hurry up!" Kyle yells from the bottom of the stairs. I quickly put the bottle away and stand up.
    "Coming!" I call to him, running out of my room and down the stairs. I grab Kyle's hand and drag him out the door and out the door.
    "Alright we've got about 15 minutes until the movie" Kyle says, snapping me back to reality. My face heats up as I realize his hand is still in mine. Why does it feel so different? We used to hold hands all the time-we stopped because people kept calling us gay (Cartman)- but for some reason this feels different. I feel all warm and tingly. Whatever. It's probably just the alcohol. At least I'm not flat out drunk, like I used to get. Now I only do that when my parents argue. It helps me forget. Thankfully, Kyle never seemed to notice when we were kids.
    Except for that first time. I still remember it so well. "Stan, are you drunk?" Kyle asked . [...] "Fuck you Kyle, you're a piece of shit!" I said, flipping him off. "Kyle.! I love you.!" He turned and started to walk back "You're a piece of shit though, fuck you!" "..." "I love you.." He didn't come back the second time. I don't blame him. I keep replaying my last words in my head. "I love you" Those words seem to mean something completely different now.
    "I love you." I say quietly, not realizing I was speaking aloud. Kyle pauses and looks at me. "Hm?" He asks, and I swear his cheeks are red. It's just the cold air though, right? I look at his eyes. The wonderful shade of forest green. I wish I could just stare at them forever. Wait, is that gay? "Stan?" No, it's probably normal to think your SBF is amazing, and smart, and talented, and caring, and to want to get lost in his beautiful eyes.. "STAN!" I shake my head slightly. "Did you say something?" he asks. I feel my cheeks turn red once more.
    "Just talking to myself!" I say, sweating slightly. He shrugs, but he seems almost.. disappointed. Like he was hoping I was talking to him.
    "Well come on, man!" He says. Now it's his turn to drag me down the street. Despite the cold air, the sun is out today. It almost looks like it's smiling, and being the idiot I am, I smile back. The flowers seem so colorful today, and the way they sway makes it look like they're dancing. A stronger gust of wind hits me, and even though it's cold, I feel so warm. My hand is practically burning.