'Adult'

The twins were a mess of emotions after the news about their father. Eli was curious about his father, always had been. Klaus Mikaelson :The Greatest Evil was a chapter he had skimmed through in his supernatural textbook but his mom's stories gave him hope that he wasn't all evil. She had told him about how she got to know him and fell for him. The care and love his father gave his mother and how he was so very protective of her and his family. In that respect he was like Klaus, protective. Eli wanted to keep his mother from getting hurt again and didn't want to risk his sister getting hurt swell.

Astrid was a bit on the fence about the whole thing. She made it this far without a father so why risk getting left and hurt if she was happy with the family she had. This was still her family though. And family sticks together always and forever just like her mother says. Like her brother she heard the stories her mother told her about her father but Astrid avoided what the books said about him. Astrid would rather only know the good and avoid the bad. She wanted a brave king that would do anything to protect his little princess and knowing all his evils could ruin that for her. 

The twins knew one thing for sure, they did want to know Hope. She was their sister and while it might be a bit awkward at first they were sure that befriending her would be great. Individually, the both of them just wanted to let the entire Mikaelson family to figure out about the twins being Klaus' when it just naturally happens. No pressure to keep it a secret or a terrifying face to face admission that they are the great Niklaus Mikaelson's kids. 

The kids couldn't sleep but Eli was the one to go to Astrid's room in the middle of the night. "Aj?" He whispered into the dark room. "Yeah, Eli?" Astrid whispered back. "I can't sleep." Eli said sounding like he did when he was a little kid and couldn't sleep after watching the movie 'IT', mom said he wasn't allowed but he didn't listen. "Me either. C'mon." Astrid admitted then scooted over in her bed for her twin. Eli went and laid down next to Astrid and both of them stared at the dark ceiling. "So, do you want the Mikaelson's to know or just wait it out?" Astrid asked. "Wait it out. I want to know Hope though. She is our sister, after all, family." Eli said and Astrid nodded. "And family sticks together-" "Always and forever." They finished the saying together. "Yeah. Don't worry she won't replace you though." Eli joked making Astrid smack him blindly on the chest. "Please. I'm your womb-mate. You couldn't function without me." Astrid said and Eli knew that to be true. "We'll tell mom tomorrow what we want to do." Eli said getting tired. "Yeah. G'Night EJ." Astrid said before yawning. "G'Night AJ." Eli replied and they both drifted off to sleep.

Ally stayed up listening to her babies talk out their restlessness and smiled. They had been like that since they were little, constant fights but loved each other so much. Just like all Mikaelson siblings, and Moreno's if Ally thought about it. Ally drifted to sleep reluctantly, waiting to be awoken by another nightmare of her past.  And a nightmare she did have.

Ally shot up in a cold sweat. The sound of her own screams as her mind replayed the stomach ache inducing image of her brother's death. She saw that it was five in the morning and sighed in exhaustion before getting up to get ready for the day. Ally saw herself in the mirror before she got ready and she thought to how different she was compared to fifteen years ago. Yes her hair was far shorter and she dressed more professional but she was also a single mother who ran a school and was 'adult' a title that she realized meant that she was able to barely skate by in life though she has no clue what she was doing. She had matured in every way except for outward appearance. When the twins were born there were complications and she had passed in child birth, however, with her twins being triffids that meant that she was in transition. When she woke she knew what she had to do and completed the transition using two drops of blood. One from each of her babies. It was the easiest decision she's made since she found out about her pregnancy and grew up as an 'adult'.