The Almighty

So, who's in charge of the CBC? We are. (Not the royal 'we', but rather the Ara and Lucy kind. Which is pretty royal, let's be honest.)

Ara James @greatblueheron

"You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens." - Rumi

It was a dark and stormy day when Ara realized she was writing a novel that ought to be classified as ChickLit. Wanting to tell stories about women, their friendships and relationships, she navigates the treacherous waters between the Bridget Jones Peninsula and the Devil Wears Prada Harbor hoping to find a different kind of island to live on. She wants fewer Shopaholics and more A League of Their Own. She hopes you do, too.

Lucy Rhodes @Lucyface

"And when at last you find someone to whom you feel you can pour out your soul, you stop in shock at the words you utter- they are so rusty, so ugly, so meaningless and feeble from being kept in the small cramped dark inside you so long." - Sylvia Plath

Lucy Rhodes is not fond of the word 'chick' but loves being female. She will read anything from Sweet Valley High to Dickens, and back again, though rests most comfortably where broken hearts find happily ever afters.

***

To acknowledge that you've read, understood and agreed that Ara and Lucy are the Almighty in the CBC world, please vote for this chapter (press that little star) and comment with glorious praise to the Almighty (we would NEVER be self-serving... this is purely for the benefit of the CBC, we promise).

***