Beach babes

Jake came late (as usual) but we still beat Taylor to the beach. As I got out of the mustang the hot sand seeped through my toes. I was not planning on swimming but the water looked so warm and refreshing that I couldn't stop myself. Walking down the beach I set out my towel and sat down.

"You ok babe?"

"Yeah, fine just want to relax for a little bit." Just as I finished my sentence something jabbed me in the side.

"Hey sweets" Taylor said a smile from ear to ear. Setting out her towel she lay next to me sprawled out going on and on about some guy who she just ran into. "Then, he asked me to dinner tomorrow. I was hoping that you and Jake could come too."

"Come where" Jake said we were unaware that he had been standing there.

"Out to dinner with me and a guy" She said with a wink.

"Sure, count me in. Brooke?"

"Of course!"

"Great I'll text you guys the details." I nodded in acceptance and laid back down. Before I could close my eyes I was being picked up and someone was running with me. I looked up to see Jake smile wide running strait for the water "STOP! Jake put me down!" Then I was swallowing water, closing my mouth I emerged and took a deep breath. Looking around I saw Jake three feet away, swimming over I dunked him. I couldn't hold him down for more than five seconds he was so strong. He shot up and grabbed me pulling me in for a kiss. He smelled unusually like berries instead of his own distinct cinnamon scent. I guess I was being paranoid but in away it smelled like another girls perfume. Just than Taylor came running in the water and started raving again about the guy she had met earlier and the dinner we had to go to tomorrow.

I still had the berries on my mind as we got out of the water. As we walked up to the towels I saw three girls staring at me and Jake and mouthing that are hands were intertwined. The one girl blond hair blue eyes mouth dropped open and there was disbelief on her face. She walked up to us but seemed to change her mind as she walked away I smelled a faint tint of berries. The look on her face when she saw me and Jake was so hurtful I could not even describe it. Me and Jake had been together for almost 6 months. How long had that been happening? Was it even happening... wait no way! I was just jumping to a conclusion. Wait, was I?