1. The News of a Life Time

Early in the morning, General Puckett was awoke by the news of a strange new monster washing up in Hudson Bay New York. This can't be good. It was all over the tv and newspapers already. This was a disaster! He quickly got dressed and got down there with a team to meet up with one of the new recruits. A marine biologist by the name of Jessica Bentley. She was already on the case making a parameter for the fallen Titan. This Titan looked half dead already with severe injuries from what looked like military weapons. Oh good Lord, they tried to kill this thing. He would get down to the bottom of this. That was for sure. He got down to the beach where he was informed that there was no way they could move the Titan to a more secure place. He was far too weak. It would only stress the poor creature out something it didn't need right now so the whole Bay was blocked off for the time being. He slowly approached the still breathing Titan.

"What we got?" Puckett asked.

"A new Titan General." Jessica said.

"Crap. Can we move it to a more secure place?" Puckett asked.

"Unlikely. It's extremely hurt and moving would be risky, but we've got the beach in quarantine." Jessica said.

"Good girl. What is it?" Puckett asked.

"It's at least a form of Godzilla. Our analysis from blood samples says it's a marine iguana, though." She said.

"Mutated iguana? Sounds familiar." Puckett said.

"Yes. It seems to be the same type of mutated iguana that attacked New York in 1998. No relation, though. It happened again Sir. This time it's a juvenile instead of a subadult." Jessica said.

"Again?! What the Hell the military cooking out there?! I need to have a meeting with them. The people already know about this thing so let's do our best to take care of it." Puckett said.

"Yes Sir." She said. Puckett watched as his staff implanted a health and location tracker in him. Impossible to do to other Titans, but since he was unconscious they could do it and didn't have to scan him via satellite. His vitals were weak and he had slim to no radiation. There was very little chance this guy survived the night without their help. They had contained the bleeding for now, but this Kaiju was definitely hurting. He seemed unconscious for now. He was asleep and contained with the new and improved ORCA imitating a frequency that calmed Kaiju. It seemed ok for now.

It wasn't until the next morning that the military had held a press conference saying France made the first one accidentally when doing hydrogen bomb testing in the Pacific Ocean in 1968 in Moruroa Atoll of French Polynesia. Thirty years!? It was the same species as 1998. They assured the public that the monster would be taken care of again. Puckett would definitely be having a word with them. They couldn't get to the first one fast enough to contain it. This would not be happening and the public's sentiments lined with his. They didn't want this new Kaiju to be killed either with environmentalists screaming from the rooftops that Zilla as they dubed this creature deserving to live. Lovely name for this Kaiju. If this thing is only a juvenile and the other was a subadult, that means Zilla is going to get a lot bigger. Oh boy. Puckett quickly went to William Stenz.

"What the hell you mean this thing was created? They didn't clear the area for wild life first?! Again?! How come it took thirty years and the destruction of New York to realize the first one was alive? And now there's another one? " Puckett yelled at him.

"France made a mistake and now we'll take care of it like the last one. Stand down Puckett." William said.

"They made a mistake in making this monster? I don't know why a marine iguana mutated again, but it did and it has the right to live just like every other creature, especially a Kaiju." Puckett said.

"It's only an animal Puckett. No one cares about it." William said.

"You'd be surprised just how much support Zilla will have and we will support him." I said.

"Getting attached already Puckett? I thought of you as less of a softie than that." William said turning to leave.

"We raped the natural world William. Now it is our duty to take care of the child she bore." Puckett said sternly. This gave William a pause and a sigh of regret.

"Don't preach to me about the morality of this situation Ralph. I know what we did and I'm not proud of it. We'll think about it." William said. Puckett nodded his head and went back to Hutson Bay to see the progress made on Zilla.

Zilla had stirred for just a short time before going back to sleep again. He had moved himself into a more comfortable position. Puckett didn't blame him for that. It startled the Hell out of the Monarch crew, but nothing seemed to come of it other than Zilla going back to sleep. They were now taking measurements of Zilla being a gentle as they could in order to not stress the poor Kaiju out. Zilla was 40 meters tall, 90 meters long, and weighs 400 tons at the moment. From his DNA gathered they saw he was a male. He was expected to get pretty big and fast. The one in 1998 was already big enough. Left alone, how big could Zilla actually get?

"Vital signs are stabilizing Sir" Jessica said. That was really revealing.

"That's good." Puckett said looking at the head of Zilla lying in front of him.

"We might be able to transport him to an island in the Bay in a week or two." Jessica said confidently. This was a promising sign that this Titan would survive. He hoped. There was only so much they could do to take care of the fallen Kaiju.

"Good. Good. I'm sure this big guy eats fish just like the last one. We'll need plenty of that when he wakes up." Puckett said smiling a bit at the rumbling breath Zilla made. Snoring?

"Will do Sir. Madison Russell is coming in the morning Sir." Jessica said.

"Good. We'll need all the support we can get." Puckett said.

"Yes Sir." Jessica said nodding.

"The American people love this Kaiju already. We're sure to get support for him to live." Puckett said.

"I hope so." Jessica said.

"I know so. The American people can do anything when they work together and put their differences aside." Puckett said. Jessica nodded as they made their way to tents to sleep for the night as the night shift workers took to their positions around Zilla. What would the morning bring?