Chapter 2.3: Ares

Chapter 2.3

They walk through the walls of the cemetery. Ares felt like Athena wasn't ready for this case. If her focus was only on getting her position back, it could lead to careless errors during the investigation. He wanted to keep warning her, but at the same time he was conflicted. If she failed, he would still look better than her. Especially if he had to come in and solve it.

"Back to the case. I will be busy, so you're going to have to build your own team."

He could see the shock in her eyes momentarily. In front of them was his car. He could interact with the mortal world and has learned to hypnotize mortals into seeing him drive it.

"Oh, I still have to approve of your team." he laughed at her. "Even if you are the Goddess of Wisdom. I'm betting you fail.

He opened the door to his car and activated his mesmerism so mortals could see him and won't freak out seeing a car door open up by itself. He looked across at his sister. Clearly they have both succeeded at annoying each other. She stood with arms still crossed.

"Oh, and you're going to drive."

"What kind of captain wants their subordinates to fail? I swear to the River Styx, I will find this murderer."

Ares smiled a little. "Whatever, Athena, You should get started, we don't have much time if the killer's pattern holds up."

He looked at her as she turned around. "I'm going to stay her and interview any of the family or friends. You can drive yourself, sir" and with that he watches her walk through the wall back to the funeral. He couldn't believe he let her have the last word. She planned that, she beat him again. He took a deep breath, she better solve this case. I'm not joking with her when I say I will be there when she fails. He got in his car and drove away.

🔮 Stay Tuned for More! Join Our Email List Don't miss the riveting twists and turns in the divine saga. Subscribe to our free email list to receive updates on Ares and Athena's unfolding adventure. Dive into a world of power struggles and hidden motives by clicking here:

https://terriojenkins.clickfunnels.com/optin1690471507296