Chapter 1 : Such A Lovely Day

Author's POV

Welcome to Snehlata Colony, a township with the friendliest people the world can ever have! Well, at least the elders are friendly! With 6 rows and 5 houses in each row, this place is an actual treat! 

Let's go to the Mishra's residence now where the loveliest daughter of the household, Ms. Neha Mishra, is again getting late for office. With a sandwich in one hand and her purse is another, she is running out of the house while shouting 'bye' at the top of her lungs. 

But but but, have you ever seen things being so peaceful in the first chapter of any story? No right, well this one's no exception.

"MUMMMA !!!!! This doofus Sarthak has parked his car in front of our house again!!!! How will I take our car out now!!!!!" Neha shouts. Just then her father comes out of the house. 

"Offo! What's the matter? The Sharmas are getting some new furniture, that's why I offered that they can park their car in front of our house for this once." Neha's father, Professor Mahesh Mishra says. 

"Papa I'm sure you didn't ask them to park the car right in front of our gate!?" Neha says in an annoyed tone. 

Just then the apple of everyone's eye, Mr. Sarthak Sharma steps out of his abode, all decked up to go to office. By the way, both Sarthak and Neha work in the same company. What a coincidence right?

"Good morning  Mishra uncle. Hey Neha." He says with the most sugarcoated smile possible. 

"Good morning beta, you both sort out your daily dose of disses. I'm going inside for my daily dose of news." Mishra uncle says and goes back inside.

"Helloooo sweetest neighbour! You're moving your car from here or should I google '10 ways to kill my neighbour without getting arrested' which I totally forgot to do this morning?" Neha says with sarcasm dripping from her voice like caramel from a stack of pancakes. 

"I don't think you need to do that. The dagger of your sarcasm has already pierced through my heart." Sarthak says with just another fake smile. 

Just then Neha's mother, Mrs. Aarti Mishra comes running out of that house. 

"Thank God Neha beta you haven't left yet. I and your father have to go to you aunt's house today, she's not feeling well. So you can't take the car today." She says.

"Mummaaa!!! How else will I go to office??? You know I don't know how to ride a two wheeler and it is too late to take a cab." Neha says in a frustrated tone, as if the morning wasn't bad enough already. 

Sarthak clears his throat, "Ahem ahem, if you require, your carriage is ready miss." Sarthak says pointing at his car.

"Oh how nice of you Sarthak beta! Neha, go with him today. Don't throw any tantrums now, you're already late!" Mrs. Mishra says before hurrying back inside. 

Neha sulks but has no energy left to drop another sarcasm bomb. 

Neha's Pov 

Ughhh ughhh ughhh! Why God why??? Why can't there be just one single day when I can spend the entire day without looking at this idiot's face! 

"Poor poor Neha, oh how much you hate to even see my face. Now you're stuck in this car with me." Wait can he hear thoughts or what?

"And now that you're stuck with me, at least stop staring at me like a crazy person. Or have you... fallen in loveeee with me." He says in a funny tone snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"Absolutely NOT! I can never fall in love with my archenemy!" I meant every word I said. Yes, he's my archenemy and how can one ever fall for their archenemy? This isn't a Wattpad story, it's real life.

Sitting in the same car with him, I start thinking about the day we met. 

We know each other since a year only. Both of our families shifted next door a year ago. Oh how I had imagined that I would get a girl of the same age as me to live next door so I can gossip with her, or a kid that I could occasionally help with studies or a newly wed couple that I could tease in a fun way. But no, the universe had other plans. My neighbour is this wannabe batman who is my dad's favourite. Also idk why boys like to be referred to as batman?

My dad is a chemistry professor. And I chose commerce as my subject because I was always so much into business analytics and marketing. So academically speaking, my father and I don't have much to talk about. 

But this guy Sarthak, my God! JEE Advance All India rank 205 and then went on to pursue product management later. Favourite subject? Surprisinglyyy... CHEMISTRY!! Yeah, that's why my dad loves him and that's why he has visited our house really unhealthy amount of times. 

But he has never talked to me properly. I don't even know since when we are at each others' throats. Our interactions have always been limited to sarcastic exchanges meant to insult one another. 

"Seems like there's a ghost in the car." I hear him say.

"What?"

"Woww, I thought you were a ghost. Because till now, I could just feel a presence but could hear no sound." He says and I roll my eyes. 

"Well aren't you happy that I'm not saying anything, anyways my words seem like venom to you." 

"But I ain't afraid of near death experiences, am I? Given that I am carpooling with a person who keeps googling ways to kill me without going to jail." Woww our sarcastic compatibilty is unmatched. 

"What? Did I finally manage to render you speechless?" He asks. 

"No... just thinking about how you remember every word of the random sentences I say to shut you up. Nice focus and all, it would be better if you channelize this focus on the road for now." I see him purse his lips from the corner of my eye. Hah, it's me who renders people speechless.

Thankfully, we arrive to our office after a 20 minutes ride which absolutely didn't feel like a 20 hour ride. 

I get off a car and am met with a grinning face of my office bestie Sheetal. Ughh this girl keeps shipping me with Sarthak. I don't say a word to Sarthak and straight away walk towards Sheetal. I guess it was rude of me to not thank Sarthak, but who cares? 

"Ooooo seems like the #NeSa ship has sailed!!!" Sheetal says.

"Absolutely not! And wasn't it #SaNe till last week?" I say. This girl keeps making hashtags for our wedding which obviously will never happen. 

"Given that none of you is sane, that name was not feasible." I elbow her arm and we walk towards the elevator. 

I slightly turn to see if Sarthak is still there, he is in fact, but busy talking to someone." 

With that I walk in the elevator with Sheetal and press 4. 

Heyy everyoneeee, here's the first chapter of Arranged Enough

Heyy everyoneeee, here's the first chapter of Arranged Enough. This book is really close to my heart. Please let me know how was the first chapter. Also, will Parth Samthaan and Niti Taylor be good as Neha and Sarthak? Please let me know that as well! I'll update daily for a while yayy! If you liked the chapter, please like it, comment on it, add the book to your reading list <3 Love you all <3