Chapter 3: The Truth

-Past Timeline-

SPLASH!!!

You coughed heavily and spit out some of the water.

???: Okay, that's enough.

You breathed heavily and slowly looked up to see your attackers.

You: 'Police'

You grit your teeth as they pulled your hair, forcing you to sit up.

???2: Are you ready to tell us?

You: 'Go fuck yourself'

You didn't say anything but looked towards the camera on the ceiling. The attackers looked where you were looking and had a dark smirk on their faces as they turned to you.

???: You think that's going to save you?

They punched you to the ground as you grit your teeth as pain shot through you.

???: Who's going to side with you? We have control. Besides, it's our word against yours.

You coughed and let out a pained groan as the drugs they put on you were wearing off. You sat up slowly and saw them hold out a clipboard and a pen.

???: Sign it.

You looked at it and took a couple of deep breaths before grabbing the pen and clipboard.

???: This confession gives us proof that you are the leader of the Phantom Thieves.

Once again, you said nothing but signed the paper before handing over to them. They forced you up and had you sit down a chair. You gripped your head as you tried to remember what happened but you couldn't due to the drugs and at this point, you heard muffling from your attackers and watched them.

They soon left and you were just about ready to pass out when the door opened, revealing a beautiful woman. Your tried to remember who she is but you know she's the older sister of one of your lovers.

She took the seat across from you and got a good look at you.

???: My God, I can't believe they've done this to you.

You looked at her and noticed she was taking all of her strength to not hug you and hold you in her arms.

You: 'Does she really like me? Wasn't she skeptical of me?'

???: Listen, I don't have much time and I want to know everything.

You: What are you talking about?

Your voice was raspy as you can feel every bruise on your body and it's taking every part of you to not wince.

???: You know exactly what I'm talking about. The crimes you've committed. We can start at the beginning.

She placed a photo of the former Volleyball Coach, Kamoshida. You slowly nodded as you placed your hand on your head as you tried to recount everything that had happened.

After a couple of minutes and answering some of her questions, you had finished up to where you were captured. Having fully remembered what happened, you weren't planning on selling your friends, your team, your lovers. Even with her making a deal, you won't do it.

After a while, she would get up and leave. Again, you were just about to ready to pass out when the door opened. You were confused as you saw the police guard with a teenage detective around your age.

You: Akechi?

Akechi merely gave you a serene smile.

Akechi: Hello Ren.

The young detective then pulled a gun and killed the officer. Your eyes widened as you were shocked that your rival would do something like this.

You: Akechi-

You then saw Akechi aim the gun at you. You shook in fear. He sold you out. He betrayed the Phantom Thieves. You had your suspicions and it was now too late. For once in your life, you were scared. Scared on what he can do to your friends and loved ones.

Akechi's smile went from serene to malicious as he stared at you. You would then hear these final four words.

Akechi: So much for Justice.

Before you could respond, Akechi fired the gun, ending your life.

-End of Flashback-

After telling Sojiro what had happened, you took a deep breath. No doubt, Futaba was listening and was probably thinking of ways to stop Akechi and possibly preventing my future arrest.

Sojiro has his eyes closed throughout what happened but you saw his body tense.

Sojiro: Bastards. The lot of them. To think they can get away from this. I've never trusted that detective to begin with.

You: Good to know that I have 'coffee dad' to support me.

Sojiro gave you a look and you cleared your throat. However, the man was amused of the father-son relationship you both have.

You: Sorry, Boss.

Sojiro: It's a lot to unpack but I'll leave you alone. Don't forget to flip the sign for me.

You: I won't.

Sojiro walked down the stairs and you laid down on the bed as you took a deep breath. You grabbed your phone and looked over your contacts.

You: Looks like I gotta get everyone again. Except for Futaba.

You heard the shop close and you got up to flip the sign as Sojiro bid you good night.

You went back to your room and laid down on the bed, your eyes getting drowsy.

You: I'll find you Akechi. This time, I'm prepared for what's to come.

You closed your eyes and slowly fall asleep, as you were heading straight to the Velvet Room.