Chapter One

CELIA

Time is my biggest enemy. By the time I enter the airport, I have to run to get to my plane. Phoebe, my best friend, running behind me with some of my stuff in hand.

"I'm only willing to do this because you're the best." She groans as she runs up the escalator, throwing my bags over her shoulder. Phoebe had agreed to stay with me in Clearwater for one week to help me settle in.

I already started renting a house in Clearwater, it was fairly cheap due to there being about 780 people who live in that town. Phoebe and I are panting by the time we are able to sit in our seats.

Phoebe turns my way, attention on my face. "Jacob is so shitty. You're the perfect girl and he ruined it with you for a better job. He slept with his boss, are you kidding me?" She whisper yells to me.

A week ago, Jacob Lawski my now ex-fiancé, cheated on me with his boss, Vanessa Wright. I was over it an hour after I broke up with him. Jacob was a nice guy for the most part but I didn't need him. He didn't excite me and make me happy like he used to.

He had stopped trying after he proposed a year ago. I grab onto Phoebe's hand. "Thank you for coming with me. It means so much to me." Phoebe smiles softly at me, pain lingering in her eyes.

"I'm glad I can be there for you. I'm so excited to see if there's any hotties in your town. Maybe like a lumberjack or some shit? Do they have that in your town?" I laugh at her, thinking of a man in flannel chopping wood.

"You know what, they just might. Maybe I'll find your future husband for you?" She smiles brightly, nodding her head.

"Preferably a man 30 or older. They're always soooo fine." I nudge her shoulder against mine.

"Let's sleep so we aren't totally tired when we arrive."

She nods in agreement and we quickly fall asleep.
-

I sigh as I open the house door. It was a beautiful one story home with many windows. I step in, amazed by how pretty it was. The walls were white with tan accents hanging up or on tables against the walls. It had a Greece style architecture and interior design.

"Wow. You chose the right place. Can I stay with you forever?" I chuckle as I tell her she can stay however long she wants to.

We quickly settle in, getting drinks and sitting outside, admiring the town we could see from the porch. "We should explore town today. It's only 12 p.m." Phoebe turns her head to me, nodding in agreement.

"How did we manage to make it this far. Remember when we were little cheerleaders for our high school. Oh god. That was the worst!" Phoebe fake gags as she reminds me of our cheerleader outfits.

"Halloween is in 4 weeks we should totally dress up as cheerleaders. You should fly out for Halloween!" I suggest the idea as a joke.

Phoebe laughs and throws her head back, "I'm down, let's do it." My eyes widen as I turn my head to her.

"We should go to town before we settle in too much." I grab her hand, walking to the town.

It was a 10 minute walk filled with laughter and talking about our college lives. We walk upon the street filled with stores and restaurants. There was one bar in this town. Phoebe guides me to the one place that said CLEARWATER BAR.

"You always manage to find the bars in every place." I roll my eyes, opening the door as we step in. The place was surprisingly busy for a small town. It was mostly people who looked to be in their 20's to late 30's.

A bell starts ringing. "Introducing Lola Guila!" The people start cheering as a woman walks onto a stage placed in the left side of the bar. She starts playing an upbeat tune. The crowd starts dancing around.