Angry

That night, I decided to join Four at the bar after War Games. I hadn't seen Eric once since I left my apartment, and I scanned each figure in the crowded room for his familiar face. With no luck, I found Four at a tall table against the wall. When I sat down, I didn't need to ask him if his team had won. The smug grin on his face said it all.

"It's crowded tonight." I said, setting my slender wallet in front of me.

Four nodded, scanning the room.

"Everyone is celebrating war games."

"I'm assuming you won." I said with a crooked smile, and he nodded again before he sipped his beer.

"Yep, mostly thanks to Tris."

"Tris was there?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Yep."

"How? Eric said she was out. I tried to change his mind earlier but he didn't seem like he was going to comply."

"Well she hopped on the train at the last second and he okay-ed it, so you must've gotten to him."

"That's great. Now I bet he's regretting it."

"Oh yeah." He smirked.

"Another reason for him to hate me." I laughed.

Then a petite, raven haired waitress arrived and asked me for my order.

"I'll have a beer, whatever he's drinking." I told her.

"Sure, you want another, hun?" She asked Four with a smile.

"Yes, please."

When she left, he gave me a funny look.

"What?"

"Beer? You're drinking beer?"

I gave him a sheepish grin, tilting my head to one side while I shrugged.

"Change of pace I guess. I should probably be a good girl tonight since I have to temp for Lauren with the Dauntless-borns tomorrow. I have to be up by 7 and to me, that's early."

"Since when are you ever a good girl?" He asked with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes, mostly at myself. He knows me too well. I like liquor, and I can hold my own pretty well too. It takes a lot to get me drunk nowadays.

"You're right. I should probably get rum."

"I actually have a bottle of rum in my freezer. We can drink our beers and then head up to my place and split it."

"Four, are you condoning my drinking habit?" I asked in disbelief.

Usually, he was a well mannered, disciplined man. More times than not, he teased me for being such a lush.

"I don't know, am I?" He asked sarcastically.

"Do you even realize what I'm like when I'm drunk on rum?"

"I'll take my chances I guess."

"What's gotten into you tonight, buddy?" I asked skeptically.

"I'm feeling froggy." He said soft but sharply, as if challenging me or something.

I just shrugged my shoulders and watched as the waitress walked up and set our beers down in front of us. I grabbed the cold, brown bottle and raised it up towards my friend with a smile.

"Cheers." I said.

He smiled nonchalantly and raised his, tapping it against mine and making a quiet clink sound. My eyes remained on his as we both took a swig.