- 07

CHAPTER SEVEN:
A Big Responsibility

"IS IT SAFE FOR HER TO GO?" Y/n asked as she and the others waited by the abandoned pool of Riko's school, she sat at the edge of the pool, dangling her feet, almost letting her Mary Janes touch the murky green water

"They did tell us to let Riko do whatever she wants before the merging." Geto said as he stood behind Y/n.

"What?! It would be safer to bring her to our school now." Gojo argued with Yaga-sensei as he too sat by the edge of the pool, Y/n sighed and leaned back on the palms of her hands, she tilted her head backwards, making eye contact with Geto, causing him to smile and flick her forehead.

Y/n flushed and pouted as she went back to staring into the water. There was some unspoken tension between both Geto and Gojo with Y/n, of course, they didn't notice it, for they're all too dense to see it. Gojo let out a small tsk before standing up and walking over to Geto, Y/n mimicking his actions.

"Isn't that spoiling her too much?" Gojo complained, putting his hands in his pockets, Y/n sighed and crossed her arms.

"Don't say that, Satoru. Although she said so, she will become the foundation of the barrier at the bottom of the school as Master Tengen after merging. She'll never be able to see her friends and family again." Geto explained as Y/n's eyes flickered towards Kuroi who looked at the ground sadly.

The wind slightly swept the fallen leaves in the pool in all sorts of directions, Y/n used her cursed technique and made some of the leaves float up into the air, swirling them around, making a small tornado.

"Riko has no family, her parents died in a car crash, and I've been taking care of her since then. So please let her spend more time with her friends..." Kuroi's voice could be heard breaking, slightly making Y/n's heart ache.

"It's okay Kuroi, you're her family." Y/n said as she walked up to the woman and placed a hand on her shoulder, a slight blush forming on Kuroi's cheeks.

"Suguru, how are the cursed spirits you sent to monitor her?" Gojo asked, growing tired of just standing around.

"Unfortunately, I can't share their vision like Mei-san. But if anything goes wrong, I can immediately..." Geto abruptly stopped, catching the attention of everyone.

"Guys, we need to hurry to Riko's school." Geto said, walking out of Gojo's grasp.

"What?"

"Why? What happened?"

Gojo and Y/n both asked simultaneously, Y/n growing more concerned by the second.

"Two of my cursed spirits have been exorcised." Y/n said and tied her hair back once again, her purple ends glowing slightly mimicking her eyes. With the Musuo Isshin in her hands, it glowed a bright purple color, and they ran towards Riko's school.