- 09

CHAPTER NINE:
A Death to Mourn

THE FOUR OF THEM walked up the stairs of Jujutsu Tech, Y/n inhaled through her nose and smelled the familiar morning dew of her campus

"Good job, everyone!" Geto greeted as they reached the top of the stairs, with Riko slightly grabbing her knees and catching her breath.

Y/n smiled and stretched, finally letting her cursed technique take a rest, her once purple eyes finally returning to their natural state.

"This place is inside the school's barrier." Geto said, glad that he can finally see Y/n's eyes, assuring him that everything would be okay.

"Satoru." Geto called out, catching the attention of the white-haired male.

"Good job." Geto said as Y/n stood beside him, holding up two thumbs-ups and a grin on her face, Gojo sighed and closed his eyes, opening them and returning them to their natural bright blue color.

"I'll never do babysitting ever again." Gojo said.

Before Riko could say anything, a blade plunged itself into Gojo's body, and Y/n's big grin soon dropped down into a horrified look.

"Satoru!" She called out, shocked as to what happened. Behind Gojo stood a buff man who wore a tight-fitting black shirt and white baggy pants, slightly resembling Geto's.

Y/n's eyes widened as she noticed the familiar face, it was one that she had been warned about. Toji Zenin cursed with Heavenly Restriction.

"Have I... seen you somewhere before?" Gojo said, slightly struggling to form words.

"Don't mind it, because I am the same. I'm no good at remembering men's names." Gojo sent an attack, but so did Geto and Y/n.

Y/n summoned her Musuo Isshin, her hair glowing a bright purple, she sent an eye to attack Toji, the three of them blew Toji away and Geto's curse swallowed him.

"Satoru!" Geto and Y/n ran towards the male who crouched down on the ground but was stopped by him.

"I'm okay! I couldn't use a cursed technique in time, but he didn't hit any of my vital organs. I used cursed energy to strengthen my body so that the blade wouldn't hurt any other parts." No matter how long Y/n has known Gojo, he never fails to surprise her.

"Don't mind me, go protect Amanai. Leave this guy to me. You guys go to Master Tengen first." Y/n's eyes looked at Gojo with concern, she trusted him of course, she knew he was strong, but she couldn't help but feel worried.

"Go with them, Y/n-chan." Gojo sent Y/n an award-winning smile before he turned to face the curse.

"Please be careful." Y/n said before leading Kuroi and Riko towards the campus.

Don't die on me now, Satoru. I'll never forgive you if you do.

-
Uneven breaths left Y/n's mouth as she and the others stepped out of the elevator, a ding signaling them that they had arrived at their destination.