Chapter 7

I didn't regret it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My sister also said that she couldn't come and get me. Everyone hated me, for even though I saved Theseus I betrayed my father. Just like Scylla. Therefore, Phaedra would be crowned queen of Athens. And I was to be left there. She said she wished she could do something, but Theseus wouldn't let her. She was too young to be stuck with a manipulative person like him, especially considering he was nearly twice her age.

I didn't blame her. I just wished she had listened to me, and that we had never left Crete. Me and Daedalus had a plan. We were going to build more wings for me and my sister, and then we were all going to run away to a country where I could be an architect. We were going to have a good life. Instead I was stuck on an island, alone.

But of course, I was never really alone. Helios had been watching over me since Theseus had left me there, and apparently Dionysus was looking for a new home. So, me and Dionysus were married. We had five children - Thoas, Oenopion, Staphylus, Peparethus and Phanus.

I have not seen my sister in years. I did visit her, once, a few years after she had left me here. She seemed to be doing ok, but the next time I tried to enter Athens, Theseus would not let me enter. Apparently, I was supposed to be dead. He had told her that I was dead, simply because he wanted to be rid of me.

Now, my children are grown up, going to fight in different wars, things I know will end up going wrong. Me and Dionysus will be going to Mount Olympus, and we will never come back. Dionysus told me that they have spoken to Zeus, and because I am a sorceress and Helios is my grandfather, I will be able to become a goddess, and immortal. They, unlike Theseus, are a good partner. I love them, even though it was technically an arranged marriage, they have always respected me.

I have left tapestries of my life on Naxos, but I was never as good as my mother. I will not talk about my life from after when I married Dionysus because I know that they will not try and twist what happened, will always tell the story like it is. I have also written this book, so that people will know what truly happened.

Not Theseus' side of the story.

Not my fathers.

My side.

*Authors note: Heya! Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed! I originally wasn't thinking of adding more chapters but I might at a later date. For now this is the end. Bye :)*