Chapter Ten - Finally

Well hello there little reader, long time no see. I've recently discovered I wrote an unpublished next chapter 2 or 3 years ago. Don't ask me why I never published or why I stopped writing this story. I still have much love for this fic and a lot of love for those who've read it. As a thank you I'm posting that next unpublished chapter. Maybe one day I'll come back a truly finish this story. For now I hope this is enough. Thanks for reading <3
Oh and the photo above is a drarry drawing I did about a year ago ❤️

Trigger warning (Parental Abuse)
~~~~

The party had become a distant memory, the student's tales of their drunken crusades faded, and eventually, it was as though it never happened. For Harry, that was almost literal, he still hadn't remembered anything more from that night, but it's not like he had put much effort into finding out in the first place. As curious as he was, there wasn't exactly a subtle way to ask people if they'd seen him with the popular Draco Malfoy. Strangely though, since that night, a few people have teasingly made a kissy face toward Harry, which he didn't know why. But with exams around the corner, he was well distracted.

Joining his potions class, Harry nearly bumped into a few students on his way to his desk. He had been repeating the correct Ingredients for a potion Hermione warned might be on the exam. And having nothing else to think about besides... well, Draco. Harry opted to repeat potion ingredients over and over again. Finding his seat, his stomach did a small but nauseating flip when presence became known. Sitting just one table over with the Slytherins, Harry tried repeating the potion ingredients faster in an attempt to speak over his own intrusive thoughts.

Taking a deep breath, Harry continued repeating, over and over again...

Mandrake peddle, liver skin. Lizards tongue. Mandrake peddle, liver skin... is he In love with me? What did he mean at the ward? What happened at the party? Damn, his mind never listens. These questions stuck on a loop like an annoying song, the same seemingly impossible-to-answer questions. Harry looked to Malfoy, their eyes met, and a cold chill caressed itself up Harry's body, and the words almost slipped from his mouth "What happened to us?" he wanted desperately to ask; he wanted answers. But Draco couldn't read his mind, and Harry didn't have the guts to say it out loud. With a slight sneer, Malfoy turned his eyes away before also turning his seat so he wouldn't accidentally look at Harry again. Harry's face pinched thinking about how dramatic Malfoy is.

Turning your seat? You're such a child.

The class ended, and without thinking, Harry looked for Draco. As if staring at him longer would give him any solace. But when he had finally spotted Draco, the blonde boy was already leaving the room with a crowd of student, his robes swaying behind him he left an uneasiness in Harry's chest. Grabbing his things, Harry quickly followed the Slytherin, who was already turning the corner at the end of the hall. Not really having a plan, Harry ran after him, pushing past other students. Just as he turned the corner Draco was turning down another. Running down the second hall, Harry abruptly stopped as someone's hand forcefully found his chest; slightly knocking out his breath, he stumbled back and instinctively almost went for his wand. "Stop following me," Draco emitted a low growl, his face contorted in disdain. Harry grappled with his thoughts, searching for the right words to convey, yet he hadn't devised a plan for this moment of confrontation. Just as his lips parted to voice his thoughts, the opportunity was wasted, as Malfoy swiftly pivoted and began to walk away.

"Wait Malfoy you dick!" Harry took a step forward but once again found himself coming to a sudden stop as Draco whipped around with his wand drawn and pointed at Harry

"Stay the hell away from me," Draco spit venomously. Harry stood frozen, fuck he didn't know what to say; a few stuttering words fell from his mouth. Draco seemed satisfied, as he didn't say anything else. He concealed his wand and began to walk away.