Chapter Forty Three: Finally

"Nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying." - The Joker
PRESENT DAY
THRAX

"I swear, Rhea, if we keep traveling between dimensions, my chest is going to be as flat as cardboard," I complain as we make our way through the ruined lands.

"Look on the bright side, it's the last time we have to do it!" Nereid says.

"SHUT UP, both of you!" the Evil Angel screams. "I swear, you're both children. You can't handle anything. I should've left you in the workshop to do nothing while I went and did the important stuff."

"Since when did you do important things?" I ask, pushing up my boob fluff.

"Money, money, money, wasting away like seconds on a clock. Use it wisely," she says.

"Todo es por el dinero," I repeat to myself, rubbing at my eyes tiredly.

"A-HA! FINALLY!" The Evil Angel pushes her way past two large pieces of metal and reveals a giant, empty husk of a spider-like robot.

"You want me to fix that?" I say.

"Oh, it's coming back to life, alright. With the last of our pieces, I'm going to summon all my power."

"-our power. I thought we were doing this together," Nereid says.

"Sure, our power."

"I ain't doin' this for the power, b*tch. I'm doin' this for the cash. Now since the job is almost over, when am I getting paid?"

"You'll get paid as soon as we get back, deal?"

"I expect the $2000 for my hard work."

"$1,000."

"Ah-ah, the price got raised when I got shot in the chest, and you forced me to clean up my blood while in terrible pain."

The Evil Angel glares at me, but I simply grin. It's true.

"Anyhoodle, snickerdoodle-"

"WTF is that supposed to mean-?" Nereid says.

"-let's bring this big hunk of randomness back home."

"What if the team gets involved?" Nereid asks.

"They won't. I'll make sure of it," The Evil Angel says. She turns to me. "Though I wonder...how did you let them escape again?"

"Yeah, well, turns out they have a demigod on their side."

"Cool!" Nereid exclaims.

"Seems we'll have to take things to more extreme measures."

"What do you mean more extreme?" I ask.

The Evil Angel grins. "You'll see."