8. Perplexed

I again became unstable watching what massacre was going around. More faces that were just fictional coming into reality made me vulnerable. Covering my mouth in fear of destruction my legs started shaking. 

I turned around as a whip-crack suddenly rose in the air. My head throbbed as I saw a white-haired man, remembering his name in an instant "Gojo Satoru".

Whenever I saw something that felt familiar I remembered that I'd already seen it in manga or anime. The basic information would swirl in my head.

Miguel and Gojo Satoru were fighting. Miguel was whipping with a rope that would evade Gojo's infinity. So he was destroying the rope while he fought. 

Suddenly someone grabbed my dress from behind and threw me to Gojo before I even realized it. As I was in mid-air something pushed me to the side of the roof. I crashed on my back.

"Ack!"- I groaned in pain. 

Putting a hand on a wall I pushed myself to get up.

My eyes fell into a narrow place where a few men were hanging in rope.

Nanako and Himiko were there talking to a man in a black suit.

"They are the ones who did this?"- I thought as my heart squeezed. Another rush of the story came.

"Ijichi, right?"- I started recognizing him as well.

I gasped as Miguel fell from the roof. Then I was the only one standing on the roof as Gojo and Miguel fought to the ground. 

I looked around for a door in the hope of not falling into their hands again. I ran toward the door as I found one. 

Holding the railing I started running down the stairs. The more I went down the more pitch-black it became.

Tunk tunk tunk tunk

I held my breath and froze as someone was running up the stairs. 

A silhouette came into sight and I looked at it in fear. I lost consciousness before I had any chance to think.

I woke up in a hospital bed.
The room was dark but visible.
Hand infused with a needle. A mask on the face. Hospital gown on the body, bandages on bruises.

A curtain beside the bed hid the other parts of the room.

I pulled up my aching back to sit up.

"I was captured again?..... By them?"

I removed the oxygen mask and pulled out the needle.

Then, tip-toed on the floor. 

Peeking through the curtain I saw everyone sleeping.

Reaching the door I got out as I made sure no one was in the hallway. I walked through the hallway quietly, looking for a stairway. As I found one I walked down to the ground floor. 

The exit gate was in my sight. Someone was getting in through it. I hid behind the door of the staircase.

The sound of the footsteps stopped.

Slowly moving my head I peeked into the hall. Seeing no one I started moving again. 

"Where are you going?"- a voice spoke.

"A bit more!"- I thought as I ran to the door.

On my third step, a hand covered my mouth another held my arms.

"Don't move"- the voice spoke in a straight voice.

I stopped moving. Then I bit the hand hard and kicked behind.

"Aw aw aw"- it let go of me.

"Hey, wait a minute!"- it shouted as I ran again.

"Don't make it hard for me!"- it complained as it caught me again putting me to sleep.

..........

"Oh, you're awake!"- a woman's voice came floating as I woke up.

"Are you feeling alright?"- she asked.

Opening up the eyelids my eyes squinted as the light hit my sight.

Realizing someone's presence my body retracted to the corner on its own. The needle tore out, splitting blood.

Clenching my teeth in pain I curled up hugging my knees, and trembled sitting against the wall.

"Oh-no, Did I scare you? sorry..."- she said as she stepped back.

"Your hand is bleeding, can I help you?"- she asked looking at my hand.

She stepped toward me. I squeezed my body tighter in defense, I shielded my head crossing my arms. More blood spilled from the pressure. 

"It's okay, I won't harm you...!"- she moved her hands in front of her and shook showing there was no danger.

She rubbed her neck with one hand putting another in her apron pocket as she huffed.

She looked at me with pity.

Getting her hand from her pocket to the knee she reached the other to me, opening her palm.

"You can trust me"- she said with a small smile.

I peeked at her through my arms. I slowly reached for her palm after observing it for a while.

Loosing up my body I moved my knees to the bed, getting closer to her in slow motion. 

As I got closer she also moved closer taking me in a warm hug.

She caressed my hair slowly patting my back with the other.

"Let me treat your wound"- she spoke in English softly.

A few moments later she treated the wound on my hand and changed the clothes.

"I don't know what happened to you but as long as you're here no one will harm you."

"This place is under my control."

She spoke in English, reassuring me.

"Ara, Shoko!!! You're still here?"

I snapped my eyes open as the voice from last night came.

"Urgh, seriously, Satoru! Don't shout, she's sleeping!"- she snapped at him.

"Oh, Nanami! You're here too?"

"Hi, Ieiri-san. I wanted to see her condition myself. Also, I asked Gojo-san to inform you beforehand."

"Araaa, did you?"- he laughed stupidly.

"Yes."

"He's useless, there's no point in telling him..."

"That's true."

"Ohh, Looks like she's awake!!"- Gojo exclaimed.

"Yeah..., you just woke her up..."- Shoko said as she groaned.

Gojo jumped toward the bed to greet me. As soon as I saw him I retreated again flinching.

"Slow down, Satoru! She will get scared if you act like this!"- Shoko warned him.

"Ara, sorry-sorry!"- he said as he clasped his hands.

Seeing his blue jacket I moved to the corner curling up, trying to hide myself. At this point all I could see was Geto's shadow lingering everywhere.