Stabbed in the back | 1900 -2000 words

With meeting being dismissed, almost all of the attendees filed out of the room, leaving only three people inside. The new peon, Kim Taehyung, made his way towards the end of the long table where their lieutenant colonel, Jeon was. Jeon ruffled his damp hair as he rose up from his leather seat.

"lieutenant colonel, sir, I very well know how it isn't my place to say anything but can I just say something about this plan?" the man hesitantly voiced out. Jeon's eyes furrowed out of confusion.

What did his peon had to say about the plan of catching a criminal mastermind.

"What is it, Kim?" the exhausted man questioned with a serious gaze trained on the man in front of him, making the latter almost shudder.

"s-sir, don't you think that the attack would be a little too predictable?" he questioned.

"may I know why is that?" Jeon glanced at him as one of his eyebrows stood up on its own. However, he was still distracted by his phone.

"Sir, since the beginning, all the attacks and ambushes have been done from the west gate -Last attack also. And the attacking techniques are also a bit identical, don't you think, sir? What if we attack from the south gate" jeon's head shot upwards at his explanation.

"And you know all of this how?" jeon voiced out his perplexity. He clearly remembered ordering everyone to keep mum about the plans.

And this is where Kim knew he screwed up.

"S-sir," the boy stuttered as the lieutenant colonel's suspicious gaze fell on him. "I was in the meeting room, sir. And I-I was also the one who was assigned to distribute the blueprint copies to the department heads."

He was not good at this.

he didn't dare look up. instead, he observed the interesting navy-blue carpet underneath his feet.

"Do you even hear yourself?!" his voice automatically turned cold and harsh. He was feeling frustrated and his overall tiredness was only adding fuel to the flaring rage in his mind. "you looked into the plans without permission, eavesdropped and now you're here to give advice? I could get you locked for a few years. You know that?" His fuming eyes burned holes through Taehyung's head.

Meanwhile, at the statement, the latter's eyes almost popped out of their sockets. He couldn't leave like that. He had to stay inside the camp somehow.

"Get out of here before I fucking kill you!"

Lieutenant Park, who was preparing some reports, turned his head towards the duo at jeon's loud voice. Jeon rubbed his forehead already feeling the stinging pain in his head. Kim headed out of the door after bowing a several times. Lieutenant Park strode towards Jeon. The latter took a deep breath before turning towards the elder.

"Can you believe it, hyung? hmph! He acted very suspicious" he muttered out to the guy who was closest to him in the whole camp. So close to the point that the strict master considered the lieutenant as his elder brother.

Jeon's left hand rested on his hip and the other raked through his jet-black locks. At the exact moment a ringing sound emitted from Jeon's phone. the younger answered noticing it's their colonel. As he placed his phone back in his trouser pocket, he spoke, "We have to head to colonel's office"

Both the olive cladded men headed out. On their way, jeon explained how they succeeded the last attack which was aimed on a weapon stock inside an abandoned warehouse which belonged to the biggest criminal mastermind in the capital cities. Park was on leave for an urgent call from his family. Even though the mission was very important, his mother came first.