A new school

I knew exactly who they were. My nightmares. The queens of the school. Amy and Cheyanne. The academy's best dancer and her little sister, they are both amazing. Of course they are here to chaperone us to the principal. "Hello, I am Amy, the academy's best dancer, and this is my little sister Cheyanne." She sounded so mean, everything about her was perfect, her makeup was piled on like a cake face, her hair was up in a high ponytail, it was slightly messy, you could tell she had been dancing. She was wearing a full black leotard, half size black leggings, a nationals 2014 tracksuit jumper, unzipped and fluffy pink slippers.

Her sister was wearing black hip-hop pants, a multicoloured crop top, a black singlet saying 'I ❤️ dance' and hip-hop shoes. She had her long light brown hair in a high ponytail and she was wearing a slight amount of makeup, you know the little stuff like mascara, eyeliner, blush and lipstick. You could definitely tell that these two girls had just come out of dance. "Hi, I am Rachael, this is my super best friend Maddie and our parents. We are here to audition." I told you that Rachael wasn't shy, at all, not even around our enemies. "Come right this way, we are here to show you to the principals office." Cheyanne sounded mean too, I guess she takes after her sister.

We follow the two girls into the academy. "Just wait here I will let the principal know that you are here. Cheyanne stay and watch them." Amy sounds really mean and she controls her sister. "So Cheyanne when did you start dancing here?" Rachael just starts having this conversation with Cheyanne and next thing I know she is bringing me into it. "I started here when I was two, Amy has been here since she was six. Amy is the best dancer here, she won nationals last year and now she is rehearsing to go to the world championships." "Is that so, well she better watch out cause I have seen most of her dances on YouTube and Maddie is way better than her" I didn't know what to say.

I hate Rachael at the moment but I guess she is helping me get through my fear. "I don't know, Amy looks pretty good but her technique is lacking and I can do way more fortes than her, clean too. I don't mean to brag or anything but I am looking for a full time spot, not a temporary spot." I really didn't mean to brag. Ok, maybe just a little. I am definitely better than Amy and I just wanted her to know that. Cheyanne just rolled her eyes at me then the principal came out and she was like a goody-two-shoes.

"Hello and welcome to the National Academy of Dance. I am the principal, Miss Carbonell. If you may come this way I will show you to the change rooms then we can get you warmed up and ready to dance for me." As we walk through this long corridor there is students in classes, students doing solos, duos, trios. Anything and everything. She shows us into the change room and tells the girls to wait for us and bring us to studio A.

After we get changed, the two girls are standing there, waiting. "Follow us, we are taking you to studio A. Studio A is for all the elite dancers, but it is the biggest room in the Academy so we hold auditions in there." As we walk into the studio I see the principal standing there, my dad and Jacqui are with her talking. The studio is huge. "Girls, I will give you ten minutes to warm up then we will do some ballet technique on the bar then you will show me your solo." I am so scared. My life as a dancer is riding on this on dance.