Chapter 7 - Aftermath and Flashbacks

After the whole battle with the Grimm, we went back to the Cliff, got out of the forest, showed our pieces, and finally we were here..

The Ceremony after the initiation where new teams would be formed..

"Russel Thrush. Cardin Winchester. Dove Bronzewing. Sky Lark." The Screen above the stage shows the profiles of the four students "The four of you retrieved the black bishop pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team CRDL, led by... Cardin Winchester!"

The Audience claps, giving another wave ovation before another set of four students comes up

"Jaune Arc. Lie Ren. Pyrrha Nikos. Nora Valkyrie. The four of you retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team JNPR."

Amid the clapping, Nora gives Ren a hug and Ozpin continues "Led by... Jaune Arc!"

"Huh? L-Led by...?" Jaune blinks in confusion

"Congratulations, young man."

A grinning Pyrrha offers a friendly shoulder bump to Jaune, but her "fine leader" is knocked over and falls to his butt in front of the laughing audience.

"Blake Belladonna. Ruby Rose. Weiss Schnee. Yang Xiao Long." The four girls steup the stage upon Ozpin mentioning their names "The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team RWBY. Led by... Ruby Rose!"

Weiss looks to her right surprised, where Ruby is obviously in shock as Yang goes over to hug her sister.

"I'm so proud of you!" Yang says as she hugged Ruby

Meanwhile, while Weiss was surprised that Ruby was assigned leader, she perks up now and looks down from the stage and saw... Me, Y/N, standing there just eating something sweet..

Seeing Weiss looking, I only waved at her and took one final bite of the sweet food

Probably surprised I'm not in the team with her..

"Wha-.." Before Weiss could mutter a word, the rest of her new teammates walked off the stage as Ozpin continued

"And finally: Y/N L/N.." Upon the mention of my name, I stepped onto the stage and walked up "You and-..well only you had retrieved the Queen Piece. Of course, since nobody else among the Students had taken the same piece as you, it would be automatic decline and I'm afraid It'll be counted as you failing the Initiation.."

The Audience went from confused and surprised to a shocked crowd and murmuring..

"Wait, Professor-.." Weiss was about to step up but Ozpin continued

"But due to your talents and skills shown during the initiation, it'll be a waste to reject you. So I'll be making an exception and placing you as Solo!" Ozpin now claps

I only rolled my eyes at this and sighed "Really had to make this dramatic?" I mumbled

"Yes I did." Ozpin whispered and mumble back before looking back to the Audience, who now started clapping

Weiss meanwhile was taken aback "S-Solo?!"

"Yeah, why are you surprised?" Yang claps, turning her head to look at the heiress

"Why?! Like-..Nobody has ever-.."

As I walked off the stage, I now proceeded to bonk Weiss in the head before now hopping down the final steps

"Ow!" Weiss clutches her head and turns to me with an angry look "YOU! You better explain yourself!"

"Explain what? Why we weren't on the same team as we promised? Oh yeah, no big deal. Besides, I thought you were like gonna forget about the promise." I shrugged