Odd

It was odd, very odd. Something inside me just told me to get up and walk into the forest across the street. The time of day was near the evening. Though, it seemed like it was about to rain. The clouds were gray and so was the sky. The creek nearby it kind of fit the situation. There was something about it that gave the atmosphere life.

Though I entered the forest, I wanted to go back. The twigs cracked underneath my fet and the rustling of dead leaves sent chills down my spine. I kept my arms close to my chest and my eyes like a herbivore's. The air above me grew darker and heavier the deeper I got into the forest, my breath escaped me quicker and the neurons in my brain were unbelievably more active for that time of day. Like a melody of a Siren's song, I kept walking towards whatever that was drawing me in deeper into the forest. I couldn't go back, it was as if a strong current kept me from going home.

Getting closer to this feeling, I saw something, someone to be exact. A girl, no, a woman. She was in full motion, like a ballerina or some sort of interpretive dancer. Though, there was something off about her. Even though her white dress fluttered like dancing snowflakes and her slim, pale body was of beauty, her presence felt... odd. Yet, I grew curious. I didn't speak a word, I didn't want to disturb her. But she saw me. She quickly turned and passed a tree but she never came out the other side. I walked closer, my heart beating like a drum. All my blood raced through the courses of my veins. As I neared the tree, she was nowhere to be seen. I leaned my body as I walked to see if she was around, she wasn't. My breath grew cold as I turned my body to look around me. My lips felt like they were kissing death and my fingers are beyond freezing.

Often I'd hear laughter. The hairs on my neck would stand. I knew I was scared, because even my breath trembled. And my heart won't stop killing itself. Just like any curious man, I kept searching for her, following the direction of laughter. Before I knew it, I was at a base of a tall rock.

The laughter stopped. My heavy breathing stopped and I sucked in the air that had my conscious. I sat down on a boulder, my hands combing my hair, and took in what happened. I closed my eyes and hanged my head.

Moments after, the leaves crunched in front of me. I looked up and saw a black haired girl with a red jacket and black ripped jeans. Her hands were in her pocket. She whispered something but I couldn't hear it. I leaped from the boulder and walked towards her, I noticed that her eyes were dark. She began to walk towards me. We met and she took her hands out of her pockets to press them upon my face. Her hands were cold but soft. She pressed her lips against mine and I slowly closed my eyes.

Exiting my sleep, I wake to find myself lying on her lap. Her eyes looking deeply into mine and her hair hanging like curtains. She got close to my ear and sang in a beautiful, gentle voice, "Close your eyes, you're alright. I came here to see you tonight. So go to sleep, and you'll be my keep. Oh, I will keep you so close."