CHAPTER 3: Don't ask why

"You want a belt?"

"For what? To hit you with?"

"... On a second thought, belt's not a good idea."

I rolled my eyes and dropped myself at the couch across him.

He chuckled. "On my defense, I did tell you I don't have any clothes your size," he said. "But, hey... it, uh, looks good on you."

I looked at the clothes he lend me. A shirt that was long enough to reach a little over the half of my thighs and a pajama pants that would slide down if I moved a lot. He said it looks good, but he's been laughing at me ever since I walked of the bathroom.

Not that I care how I look. His laugh was just annoying.

"Whatever. It's just for tonight, so it's fine." I shrugged.

He chuckled and stood up. He's dressed up now with a white shirt and a grey loose jogger pants. "Then let's go to sleep. For sure you also had a long day today."

"Uh, wait." I also stand up. "Will we sleep together?"

That's been bothering my mind since earlier.

His eyebrows shot up. "Hm? Sleep together?"

"Yeah."

"Do you find it hard to sleep alone?"

I'm not sure why he's asking but I shake my head. "No."

"Yeah? Then there's your answer. We don't have to sleep together."

What the. He thought I was talking about literally sleeping together!

He thought I asked about sleeping together because I'm afraid of sleeping alone?!

No. That's not it!

"Then does it have to be money?"

"Money for what?"

"To pay you, of course."

"Pay who?"

"You, idiot!"

"Me? But I have no need for your money. I have lots of it. I told you, I'm rich."

He really has to say it as if it's the most obvious thing in the world, doesn't he?

"Then how can I pay you if it's not money nor sleeping together? Don't tell me you're planning to sell me-,"

"Wait, wait, wait. Let's go back to the very reason why we're having this conversation." He looked at me. "What do you have to pay me for?"

"For living here."

"Did I mention anything about paying?"

"No. But I know best that there's no such thing as free lunch in this world." I pulled my shirt up and threw it on the floor.

His eyes followed the shirt on the floor before looking up again. Despite seeing me without shirt, his expression remained unchanging and unfazed.

"You asked me to live with you, so you can use me, right? Use my body, to be specific. So, I'll clearly tell you this. By sleeping together, I didn't mean we'll sleep on the same bed. I meant, we would have sex."

"Oh... Right. That can also mean that. So, you'll what now? Have sex with me, in exchange of living with me?"

"Yes." I stepped closer.

His eyes narrowed.

I was getting closer, but he just stood there. He didn't even take a step back, nor he stopped me from getting near, until I stopped in front of him.