乃卂匚Ҝ 丂ㄒㄖ尺ㄚ

(F/N) (L/N) was only a child when she got selected by Arasaka Corporation to become a netrunner. She was one of the easiest participants they could get their hands on.  After all she was an orphan. Her parents had died in one of the many cybernetic attacks that occurred in the city full of mercenaries.

  Unfortunately for the small child, her parent were mod addicts. They were quite common in this day and age. People so obsessed with replacing human parts with robotic ones that eventually there's nothing human about them. Resulting in severe cases of cyberpsychosis, and a tragic incident leading to both of their deaths.

  That's where she met Lucy, they were friends during their training to go deep diving for lost information on the old web and partners on the escape mission out of the underground facility that kept them there to die one by one.

  She was one of the few who made it out alive. Traumatized, but alive. But unlike Lucy, when she woke up after escaping, she wasn't in the same junkyard as her friend, except, in the back of a dark van with a few unknown people with matching neon skeleton tattoos.

  It don't take long for her to discover that she had been taken by a gang called "Los Muertos" and that their goal was to sell her on the black market. That is, until they looked over her cyberwear and realized the advanced modifications on the small child were made by Arasaka.

  They debated if they should kill the child and sell the advanced parts for cash, or if they should keep her around as she could be a useful asset to them in the future, but ultimately decided to spare her life.

  They kept her in a small room for a while, no windows but a bed and a desk was enough. Honestly she was just glad she wasn't an Arasaka slave anymore. As time went on she observed and learned how things worked. Los Muertos was a lot bigger than any gang she thought she knew. There were members everywhere throughout the city containing small groups within themselves.

  She had learned that they were a big network of mercenaries, all because the chief in command was on of the big guys within the politicians that gave out jobs, gigs, even bounties for anyone who'd be willing to get their hands dirty for him.

  So slowly she grew up to become one of them and started viewing them as a family, as they had a strong agreeing in loyalty and would go to large extents for each other if needed. It was like an unspoken rule that no one gets caught, especially because they took the secrecy of the illegal group very seriously.

  But nevertheless, as time went by she couldn't keep going with the small thought of Arasaka somehow finding her and taking her back to be a lab rat. It was expected for someone so young to go through what she did, to end up traumatized, unable to sleep for days especially in a new unknown environment.

  So she first began to put the old programmings she saw while deep diving to good use, and started to learn on an old computer, gifted by one of her closes pals in the gang. Fortunately for her, not all of them were so bad.

  She not only was able to slowly learn hacking techniques, but she also developed a knack for mechanics and cyber technology, making what the gang agreed on the time they found her, to be true.

Before she knew, she was a member herself, and started doing small jobs for them like hacking into police files with gear she managed to build herself, and providing confidential information to buyers. Those were the first jobs she ever took, and the first time she got a taste of what power felt like.

It didn't take her long to realize that information was power, she understood that the rich and wealthy, the ones with status, had secrets that she could benefit from.

For her to continue this line of work and not worry about consequences, she opted to erase herself from the system, with the benefit of not having to keep running form Arasaka or the authorities.