Chapter 6

When Brandon left the house he grabbed a watering can and headed towards the water hose. Suddenly he noticed M3GAN standing close to the forest. 

- M3GAN? - he asked suprised. 

Suddenly M3GAN ran into the forest. Brandon got scared. He didn't want Cady to loose her doll. Apart from that, she said there's something wrong with her, so she may do something stupid. Brandon couldn't let that happen. He needs to keep Cady happy. 

Unfortunetely, he didn't know that it's not about saving Cady or M3GAN - it's about saving him. 

********** 

Cady was waiting for Brandon's return for definetely too long. She thought that maybe he needs help. She decided to check if the boy was okay. The girl went downstairs. 

- Cady. - Gemma said. 

- Gemma, Holly, do you know where Brandon is? - she asked. 

- I sent him to water the flowers. Check if he's allright. If he isn't let us know, okay? - Holly explained and asked. Cady nodded. 

- Okay. 

Then she went out of the house. 

She didn't see Brandon anywhere. She was scared and worried about him. 

- Brandon! 

Suddenly she noticed something that scared her even more. The door from her aunt's car was wide opened and there was no M3GAN. 

- No... - she whispered and ran into the forest. 

- M3GAN!!! Brandon!!! - she was calling out her friends, but they were nowhere to be seen. She was extremely worried. She begged for them to be found safe and sound. 

********** 

Brandon finally stopped among the trees and saw M3GAN lying on the ground. 

- M3GAN, why did you run away? - he asked, but the doll didn't react. The boy signed. - Great. Anyway. Let's get you to Cady. 

He stood over her and tried to grab her. Suddenly she grabbed his hand. The boy freaked out. The doll pulled him close and grabbed his ear. She started to pull it off. Brandon was scared. 

- Au! Let go! 

- You need to learn some manners, Brandon. - M3GAN said calmly, with murderous look. - You know what happens to bad boys that don't mind their manners? They grow up to bad men. - Brandon started to scream. He felt great pain and didn't understand why M3GAN attacked him. - Are you listening to me, Brandon? 

The doll finally ripped his ear off. Brandon quickly moved away. He was looking at M3GAN paralyzed by fear. He covered his bleeding ear with his hand. M3GAN, holding ripped part of his ear, slowly got up. Then she threw it away. 

- This is the part when you run. - she said with demonic-robotic voice. Brandon quickly got up and started running, trying desperately find the way out of the forest. 

But M3GAN wasn't going to let him go. He needs to regret that he dared to take her sweet Cady away from her. She followed the boy, running all four, like a beast. When Brandon saw her chasing him, he screamed. He couldn't believe that Cady's doll attacked him. 

************ 

Cady was walking through the forest still looking for her friends. Suddenly she heard Brandon screaming. 

- Brandon? - she asked. Suddenly the boy ran out of the trees to meet her. When he saw her, he stopped. The girl saw that his ear is bleeding. She was worried about him. 

- Brandon, why are you here? Where's M3GAN? What happened to your ear?

- Cady... your doll... she attacked me! 

- What? 

- I saw her running to the forest. I didn't want you to loose her. When I found her, she... she was telling me something about manners, that I'm a bad boy and... she ripped my ear off! 

Cady was shocked. She didn't expect from her best friend to attack her new friend. Why would she do that? Cady didn't understand why M3GAN attacked Brandon, just like he didn't. 

- Don't worry, Brandon. Let's take care of your ear first. - the girl grabbed the boy's hand. - Gemma!!! 

After a shorter while, Gemma and Holly ran to them. 

- What happened? - Holly asked frightened. - Brandon, honey, your ear! 

The woman took her son and was watching his bleeding ear. 

- Mom... it hurts so bad... 

- I know, honey, I know. We'll take care of it. 

- Let's take you to the house. - Cady suggested. 

- Cady, what happened to him? - Gemma asked, also scared. 

- He said that M3GAN attacked him. I don't know if it is true, but... he would never lie to me. Gemma, there's something really wrong with M3GAN. You'll fix her, right? 

Gemma nodded. 

- Of course. Go with Holly. I'll join you in a sec.

Holly and Cady went back to the house leading mournful Brandon.

Gemma wanted to follow them, but she saw M3GAN standing in front of the trees. First she wanted to make her explain this situation, but then she decided to wait and see what'll happen. She felt like the doll is not that safe for children as she thought before.