11.

Scarlett pov

I have school in three hours.

I haven't slept all night; memories are playing in my head like broken record.

Three full years.

I take a deep breath just to feel the pain aching in my chest. Its heavy. Carrying this burden of a death. Of two deaths.

"They're dead Scarlett, they aren't coming back"  Mattia had told me. It was harsh, like a slap in the face. But it was true, they are dead.

I need to get my shit together, but how am I supposed to do that. I will figure that out tomorrow.

Today I will grieve in my own way.

I take a shower and throw some clothes on.

I jump out of the window, doing a roll before I land. So I don't break my ankles, not really a fan of broken bones. They take too long too heal.

I walk around for a bit with a joint between my lips.

"are we ever getting out of here Scarlett?" Carlos asked, I ran my fingers through his hair again

"of course we are, what is going on?" I ask

"just a thought, you know" he shrugs

I check my phone, just to see I start in one hour.

I could walk to school from here, but I need my bike and I need to check on Stella.

I start lightly jogging home, why not? I have the energy and I need to run more. You know, cardio and all that shit.

"Scarlett, d-did you see the guard wh- who shot himself in the foot" Theo asked me wheezing in laugher. I laugh with him.

"o-of course, did you see his face" I cough from laughing. We stop laughing for a second and look at each other before bursting out laughing again.

I finally get back to the house and climb back through my window. I'm not sweaty, but I still choose to put on some better clothes.

 I'm not sweaty, but I still choose to put on some better clothes

It isn't anything special, but I think it looks fine. I wasn't informed off any dress code.

I walk up to my window and take out a new blunt. I know it's not a good coping mechanism but it's the one I chose. Bite me

I need to forget just for today.

I take the last breath before throw the finished blunt out of the window.

I put on a lot of perfume before I go downstairs.

I see everyone looking at me when I enter. I grab an apple before I walk to the garage.