Chapter 3

(SEVERAL DAYS LATER: RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AREA: SHIELD HEADQUARTERS: WASHINGTON DC: 2:00 PM EST)

" Coulson, Fury, have you convinced our resident mad scientist? " a platinum blonde Caucasian man in his late fifties approached them on the hallway. His blue irises in eyes were hiding behind the clear transparent lens of his glasses. The old man was a wearing a suit as the African-American man and his brunette partner.

" Yes, sir, " Fury nodded.

" I'll assign the three of you to Area 51 in Nevada. It's a classified US Air Force Base, " the SHIELD Director informed and handed the envelope marked as confidential.

" Director Keller, it's allegedly labelled as..." Coulson hesistantly paused.

" Coulson, you might be mentioning 'aliens'. We are avoiding public scrutiny and ridicule at all costs, " Keller seriously spoke. " Our mad scientist is one of them, but never mention where he had originated. By the way, where the hell is he? "

" He's doing his advanced technological research and development with our other scientists at the lab, " Fury answered and looked on the window seeing the pink Kree scientist in a long white coat placing an unearthly glowing gem into the new equipment he was testing.

The three men watched the equipment function, but sooner it started to spark and explode. The scientists and laboratory technicians instantly rushed into safety away from the affected area. Clouds of smoke and mist scattered within the lab. Doctor Mar-Vell loudly coughed and panted as his whole body was covered with smoke and ashes. His hair was disheveled which he looked like the late Albert Einstein in appearance.

" Owww, F@C《! " he angrily cursed and  then coughed.

" Doctor Mar-Vell, what on Earth have you done?! " Keller asked him worryingly.

" You know what's the problem, Mister Keller?! " Mar-Vell grumblingly spoke and brushed off the dirt. " The Pamite won't work in your so-called new machine! It's a damned primitive for Hala's sakes! Is that what you called ' State-of-the-Art'?! "

" What's a Pamite? "

The irate Kree scientist rolled his eyes to his disgust and furiously thought, " These Earth children have no any idea what a damned Pamite is?! What kind of morons are they?! " He sighed and managed to smile, inhibiting his tormenting impatience. " Director Keller, I know humans have a very limited knowledge about the most important mineral in the cosmos which can generate energy effectively to any weaponry, vehicle, and equipment. "

" Where can we find this mineral, doctor? " Keller queried.

" Of course, this is found on my homeworld, Planet Hala. "

" This freakingly weird glowing rock can cause too much trouble, Doc, " Fury intently grinned and remarked. " It can nuke anytime if not being handled. "

" You have coal, petroleum, and other substances on your planet which they can be essential sources of energy, Mister Fury, " Mar-Vell harshly replied. " Unless, you Earth children need to improve your resources. You really depend on your primitive ones. That's why your technological civilization never evolves! Your capitalist brothers doesn't care about your scientific and technological enhancement! They're nothing, but money! "

The SHIELD scientists and lab technicians indignantly shot a glare at the mad pink Kree. The others murmured like they were saying to each other, " What a prick he is. Is that what you called a colleague? " Coulson turned to Fury and sighed exasperatedly. Keller gave the mad scientist a deadpan stare. For them, Doctor Mar-Vell was a high functioning and intelligent space alien sociopath who spent his life on Earth in science, trash talking, and vices.