Chapter 14: Dreaming reality

Alisa

I SAW him again! Zackhary! But I can't understand him. Why? Why does he wants me to obey that monster?!

I know! Maybe that was just a black magic that Aquillez created! Yeah! That's it! He can't fool me!

"Thinking too much won't make you feel better, my dear!" I snap back to reality when he spoke.

I am sitting opposite to his. He wanted me to eat breakfast with him. But I don't want to eat. Even if he prepared a normal food for me, while he eats—Gus! It's disgusting! I can't even look! At first glance it was flesh and a goblet with blood.

I look away as he put his spoon into his mouth.

"Eat, my dear!" Aquillez.

I'm not gonna eat this! What if he puts poison in it?

"I didn't put poison in it." He said.

What am I gonna do? Zackhary! He can't do that for sure! Am gonna make things clear.

"Aquillez!" I called him, trying to look at him.

"Ooh! Calling my name, that's a good start for us." He sounds excited and even close his eyes.

He's really unpredictable!

"Are you making fun of my dreams?" I ask, seriously.

Yes, it is all about my dream last night. Zackhary will never tell me that, he will save me instead.

"Making fun of your dreams? Zackhary? Why are you asking me these?" His emotion quickly changed. I can sense his emotions, however, I still cannot read his mind.

"I believe, you use my friend to make me believe that you aren't bad. Do you think you can fool me?" I said, irritated.

"Shut up!" He stood up and tap the table with a violent rage causing me to gasp.

His eyes turn red and look at me.

I pull out my courage and stand up.

"You don't scare me." I murmured.

He was breathing too fast as if he was drowning. He slowly look down and breathe deep, trying to stay calm, I guess.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said in a soft, deep voice.

His emotion changed quick!

"Who is this Zackhary? Can—Can you describe me his figure—I mean all of him? All about him?" He suddenly asked. He looks exhausted but I trace no anger anymore.

"Why do you suddenly ask?" I was confused but I still need to protect my friend. What if he wants to kill Zackhary that's why he wants to know more about him?

"Just tell me now—my dear." He sit down and look at me again.

"I'm sorry! Please sit down now. I'm still good." He said and then chew another flesh.

I look away before I could puke.

I slowly sit down and put my arms on the table.

"Now tell me more about this friend of yours. Like his hair, is it white?" He ask that made me froze.

"Wait. How do you know? Am I right that you put him in my dream last night? Did you lie to me?" I bawl.

I didn't think twice before I drop those. Will he be mad again?

He took a deep breath.

"Look, Alisa, I told you I don't know him, I was just taking a wild guess. So how's he look like?" He toned sarcastically.

I didn't speak up and just look away.

It's already night and I was taken aback to my prison.

Dream or nightmare? Is it?

"How am I supposed to escape here?" There's nothing enters to my mind.

I just close my eyes and lead myself to sleep.

...

"Alisa!" I was slowly opened my eyes as I heard those familiar voices.

"Alisa, you're awake!" Said Zackhary in an overjoy sound.

"Zackhary? What? Why?" I was confuse. What is he doing inside my room?

"Hey, girl! You're finally awake! So what happened last time? You were for several weeks and we found you yesterday in the middle of the woods." Adalard was here too and his voice sounds furious but worrying.

"I was gone? Several weeks? You're joking, huh?" I said, sarcastically.

Since when did I vanished? If I were to go somewhere Zackhary will be the first one to know about it.

"You can't remember anything?" Zackhary ask me.

What's wrong with these two?

"What are you talking about? We were still practicing yesterday!" I yelled. I don't know what's happening to them but we're just practicing yesterday—maybe they're trying to trick me.

"Alisa!" The door was almost broken when my mother pushed it hard and run into me to embrace me.

"Mother." I couldn't speak any words but I'm still confused.

"You're awake? I thought you'll be dead sleeping forever." My father said and then walk away.

I don't know what they're talking about but my father's word made me cry—again.

"Don't mind him. The important thing is that you're awake!" Mother said in tears while rubbing my back.

"That's right, Alisa!" Zackhary said, smiling.

I look at Adalard who's seriously looking at me, unbothered with my eyes.