1 - 𝐒𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝

Walking through the dark, cold hallway of Monster High, I naturally took in people's movement as they walked. Just as I was walking a navy horse came trotting through, with the Headmistress atop it is yelling orders.

"EVERYONE MOVE!" She exclaimed as shocked monsters leaped away from the danger of being trampled. I jumped out of the way, accidentally falling against Holt Hyde.

"Whoa there, Sophie," he said, steading me with an outstretched arm. He has been my friend since we started enrolled here at Monster High when we were 14.

Holt Hyde is the great grandson of Dr. Jekyll's alter ego, Mr. Edward Hyde. Being a mixture of the Hyde condition and a fire elemental, Holt Hyde has a stronger wellness to break rules and dodge responsibilities. Due to his mother being of the Jekyll/Hyde lineage, Hyde has a human alter ego that goes by the name of Jackson Jekyll.

Jackson is a friendly guy who enjoys playing casketball, though he has a geeky fashion sense and is picked on by other students. He appears to be the only human student at Monster High, making others confused by his apparent normalcy in a school full of monsters.

They both struggle to get along well, although they always seem to have messages for each other. I record those for them to listen and give to each other.

"Thanks Holt." I said as I got out of his hands. "How are you and Jackson?" I asked.

"I'm fi-" he was cut off by the principal-my mother-making an announcement.

"Attention Students of Monster High," her loud and powerful voice rang along the length of the hallway, stopping the student's activities. "When the bell tolls three, it will be time for spring break!" The whole school went crazy at the announcement, cheering gleefully and throwing papers. I dodged the wild flare of excitement and walked out with Holt by my side, my smile dropping as he started to shake.

I turned to reassure him, but he started to combust into flames. He started to freak as Jackson showed, looking around. As his eyes met mine, I just smiled, and he laughed nervously.

"Come on, Jekyll." I put my arm around his torso while he put his arm on my shoulder. "We can have fun at the Carnival."

~~~~~~||||||~~~~~~||||||~~~~~~

Jackson and I have nearly gone to every single carnival activity-at least the ones that Jackson could stomach. While walking past the DJ booth, Jackson gets anxious, combusting back into Holt Hyde. I smile sadly at this. It was always hard for Jackson, when he would black out and wake up in a dark alleyway scared and alone. I look over at the dunking tank filled with water and piranhas, listening to the sound of a laugh I recognize as Heath Burns.

"Next time put some muscle into it," he jokes at a skeleton. "Oh wait, you can't!" Heath cracks up laughing as the skeleton looks defeated, turning to give the ball to the next person. I continue to watch as the skeleton gives the ball to Howleen Wolf "Hey, Howleen!" he yells at her. "Girls can't throw!"

"Not a good night to make fun of me, Heath," she mumbles as I look up to the full moon. She takes a big step back and throws with all her might, watching smugly as ball hits the target with force, resulting in Heath being dunked. I laugh at the payback Heath gets, walking away to stand with the ghouls while Frankie gets painted by a gargoyle.