3 - 𝐒𝐤𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬

I glance up at the sound of a deep boat horn going off, meaning to wake everyone up. Since I was awake all night, I get to enjoy everyone's displeasure of being woken up. Cleo was the first to come out on the deck, and when the horn went off again, she blocked her ears.

"Oh my Ra!" She exclaimed, scowling at the horn.

"Hurry, hurry! Step right up!" Mr. Farnum said to everyone as they clambered up to join us. "Behold, 𝐒𝐤𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬!" We all gawk out of amazement at the island. 

"Whoa!" Clawdeen said, glancing at the upcoming cave, shaped stereotypically like a skull.The boat glides through the rough skull tunnel, all of us glancing up at the stalactites that were protruding from the top of the cave's ceiling.

"Coolio." Lagoona says.

"Love it!" Clawdeen added.

"Totes." Draculaura agreed. We all make our way to the front deck to take in the sparkling bay that we emerge.Mr Farnum chuckles, clapping his great hands once. 

"Don't be shy!" He exclaims merrily. "Feast your eyes upon the most magnificently marvellous island that time itself has even forgot!!" My group of ghoul's gasp excitedly around the deck, while I spy a small loading dock in the bay.

"What about the Great Barrier Reef? Why is this better than that?" Lagoona asks.

"This is merely a temporary stop, my dear, exclusively one night only." Mr. Farnum answered her, quickly adding, "for recuperation and supplies." He adds. We make it to the docks, and I have to admit that the Island is magnificent. "And now, may I present to you, the Skull Shores' Indigenous people, the Tiki!" A whole group of wood creatures come out from behind a string of long grass with a defensive look on their faces.

"Um..." Gil said from behind Lagoona. 

"Are they dangerous?" Mr. Farnum chuckles wearily.

"Far from it." The man informs us with a grin. "The Tiki people are the friendliest, most welcoming beings I have ever encountered in my multitudinous travels."

They certainly didn't look friendly to me, I thought to myself, only stopping in my tracks when the little frowns on the Tiki's wooden faces turned into cute smiles. Everyone 'oohs' and 'ahhs' at the adorable display, considering the Tiki people as fascinatingly charming.

"The Tiki people will show you to your quarters." Mr. Farnum said as we gathered out suitcases in hand. "And as an added bonus, one member of your little troupe will be experiencing a royal treatment." As we hopped off the rickety boat, the Tiki people came forth with an actual bamboo throne, marching towards a chosen ghoul. As usual, Cleo walked forward, obviously assuming it would be her.

"You shouldn't have." She dramatically boasted, pretending terribly to be shocked. Her proud smile dropped as the Tiki walked past her, stopping at Frankie.

"What?!" Cleo said haughtily, tossing her black hair.

"Me? I don't know-" Frankie started, clearly shocked. A lead Tiki man cut her off and placed her into the throne. "A ghoul could get used to this." She told us as they walked her away from the group.

"Why is Frankie getting the royal treatment?" Cleo asked, jealousy and resentment clear in her tone.

"Maybe because this Island sees past your stature and puts a light on people who don't feel like they get enough." I said to her somewhat smugly. She scoffed and walked away towards where we would be sleeping.