Chapter 23 - Do You Remember Me?

Jimin stood still, staring at the male in front of him

Jimin stood still, staring at the male in front of him. Jimin could hear it, the heartbeat. The familiar heartbeat he used to listen to.
"Hello?" The male says, tilting his head to the side as he frowns.
"J-Jungkook...?" Jimin says and the guy frowns.

"Jungkook?" The male says, raising his brow as he took a step to get close to Jimin.
"Say it..." The male says, smiling.
"W-what...?" Jimin says, stuttering as he looked at the male with teary eyes.
"Say it... I'm waiting" The male says, chuckling.

"D-darling...?" Jimin said and the male looked shocked before smiling again.
"Do... Do you remember me?" Jimin says as he walked closer to the male, biting his bottom lip as he heard the heartbeat. It was making him happy hearing these.

"Do you remember me, darling?" Jimin says as he smiled with a tear falling down his cheek. The male smiles wider, lifting his hand to caress Jimin's cheek and wiping away his tears.
"Yes, Jiminie... I promised you, remember? I kept my promise to you... I'm sorry if it took too long" Jungkook says as he stared at Jimin's eyes.

"Can I touch you?" Jimin asks and Jungkook nods. Jimin embraces Jungkook as soon as he got the permission, he held the younger tight and cried on his shoulder. Jungkook hugged back, resting his head on the older's shoulder.
"I'm sorry if I took too long to come back" Jungkook says as they pulled away, staring at each other.

"It's okay... You're never too late... I waited for you and I didn't give up... I knew you would come back to me" Jimin says as he puts a hand on Jungkook's cheek. He pulls Jungkook close before he places a kiss on his forehead.

"Thank you for coming back to me, darling..."

"Thank you for waiting, love"