VI

[y/n] - your name
[l/n] - last name
[e/c] - eye color

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day... 4
Month... June
Year... 2021
Time... 0500 (5 am)

[Y/n] P.O.V

The faint ringing of my alarm was heard in my sleep as I woke from the comfort of a soothing dream. Do you ever get those nice dreams that you wish you could stay in forever? But then, you wake up and can't remember a thing that happened in the dream? Not a singular detail? They call it No Dream Recall, and that's exactly how I was with my sleep and the previous night.

I lay in the warmth of the pure white sheets for a few moments, then rise to start the day. Peering out the window to the quiet, still night-like sky, I take a deep breath in as I view the wonderful city skyline before me. Everything looked to be asleep, still. Cars only hummed every few seconds instead of rapidly. No horns, no screeching of tires.

Peace.

Something I had not felt in years.

Gathering myself, I stretch and touch my feet to the carpeted floor of the bedroom. I started my daily routine of washing my face, putting on some light makeup - just some eyeshadow and mascara - and brushed my teeth. I threw on a sports bra, some black leggings, and a tank top. Looking pleased with everything, I grabbed my room key and my headphones, threw my shoes on, and headed out my hotel door to hit the gym on the bottom floor.

Ever since I started my second year in university, this has become my routine. I knew from the moment I finished my first Criminal Justice course that I wanted to be in the MI6, and after seeing all the Mission Impossible movies, of course (kidding).

As I walked down the long hallway to get to the elevator, I thought about what I might do today. Something that involved getting close to the guys to ensure their trust. If they didn't trust me, this whole mission would be a bust. Interrupting my thoughts was the vibration of my phone.

Wow, they sure have good timing.

I pressed the button to the elevator and pulled out my phone, seeing a few notifications: one from Brian, three from Evan, two from Marcel, and another three from David. I chuckled and shook my head, stuffing my phone back in my pocket as I heard the ding from the elevator.

Walking through the doors, I click the 'B' button. I figured that stood for 'basement', which was where the pool and gym were. As the doors started closing, a deeper voice yelled out, followed by some running.

"Hold it, please!" I placed my hand on the smooth but cold metal and hit the open button. A man appeared in front of me. He had red hair and was wearing one of those black "wife-beater" tank tops and navy blue gym shorts. He smiled. "Thanks. A lot of people just let it close," he says as he walks inside. I nodded.

"Um, what floor?" I gesture to the buttons next to the door.
"Oh, uh, bottom, please." I clicked the 'B' again. The doors began to close, and off we went. "So… you've got an accent. Where ya from?" He was semi-built but a little short. Yes, I'm sizing him up in case I need to take him down. I've had this encounter before multiple times in elevators, so I've gotten used to the routine of sizing up people.
"London. I'm here on business."
"Ah, I see. I was gonna ask if you were here on vacation, 'cause Chicago of all places? Totally could've chosen better," he started to laugh. "I'm Erik, but some people call me Ricky." He stuck out his hand.

For a moment, I hesitated, and he noticed, but I shook it anyway. I debated giving him a fake name, but what was the point? He didn't seem like a huge threat.

"[Y/n]." I took his hand and gave it a singular solid shake. He looked surprised.
"Solid grip. I'm assuming you're headed to the gym, with strength like that?" Our hands dropped
"You'd be correct."
"Awesome." The elevator ceased, and the doors opened at a ding. "I'll see you in there, then. Good to meet you!" He waved as he walked off down the hallway.