.

Attention.

That's all what's needed from a narcissist. It's like their oxygen; cannot live without it, ever.

She laid her eyes on the wall clock. Ticking, yet endlessly. Falling into another deep slumber until her name was called.

"Mary Jane, would you like to answer?"

Her sapphire eyes rolled towards her professor. She shook her head no. A simple yet a coherent, figurative answer. It's not that she wasn't paying attention— she was just.. bored out of her mind.

"c'mon, you've never participated–"

"And never will."

Mary Jane cut him off with her blank tone and expression; staring right into his soul. She just wanted to finish her school life as a successful woman to prove everybody wrong about her, she was just... unproductive and quite the procrastinator.

"I'll answer Mr. Hernandez!"

Shouted another girl. Of course it was no other than the most annoying Michelle Hills. Basic white girl around their campus that keeps bullying other kids for being other than a basic bitch who vapes.

Her narcissistic personality made it more stereotypical. Blonde and white too. Racist and probably hooked up with other guys around campus or twice her age to have money. I mean, it's a cruel world.

"What a bitch am I right?.."

A kid from Mary Jane's left nudged her gently. Though, she didn't react and just laid her head down. Keeping to herself. Not the most popular but everybody knows her due to her parents' high expectations of her. It was kind of depressing.

She didn't respond. Rolling her eyes to the other side of the room with a few more kids whom were not too known around school, sure, maybe Derek Hawkins that smoked crack in the school bathroom and impregnated a few girls were sitting at the back but that's about it.

And of course, Michelle got it right. She's naturally smart, just a big whore around campus with the rumors of her sleeping with their history professor. He was eventually fired due to unknown circumstances.

Mary Jane's eyes wondered around the spacious room once more. She's too bored out of her mind now at this point; The voices in her head yondered across the vast space in her imagination— making up images to scare her afterwards.

She rocked her head back. RubbIng the sides of her head, feeling slightly nauseous; Probably hungover from yesterday's party where she truly enjoyed. Maybe even a little too much enjoyment.

Being at the very back of the class means you have a high chance of getting enough sleep, can eat and probably watch something off of youtube or something. With headphones of course no one's stupid enough to watch videos of off the internet with out headphones.

Her eyes averted back to the front to which the professor finally sat down on his desk on the right corner where it kind of looked like a backstage to her. Her thoughts wondered if she would pass this class or had to beg. Or course she'd pass the class effortlessly for being such an intelligent human being. Why is she sitting in a normal college, waiting around for something to happen you may ask.