千丨尺丂ㄒ Ꮆ丨Ꮆ

It was the day after you were told the news. The day Maine had the job with Gloria's son. You were nervous of the outcome, not wishing Gloria's bloodline ended with him. That would be a shame

You asked Maine if he needed you to tag along in case of emergencies but got told the job was quite simple and the crew would be there if anything went wrong so you trusted his word and went on with your day delivering a few easy services for last minute clients.

By noon, Kiwi got in touch with you after the job telling you to meet up in the usual spot on a near by gas station with a couple of food stands where a few fellow edge runners like to meet up to hang out and have a couple of drinks.

_________________________________________

You got there kinda early and decided to get a drink while waiting for the crew to get there since you assumed they would be arriving from the job. While waiting you conversed with one of your acquaintances who happened to pull up with his car and started blasting some music.

As you where catching up, more people slowly started arriving and eventually, Maine and the gang. Your eyes followed them looking for kiwi who has just spotted you and called you over to sit with her on a table while she lit a cigarette.

As you sat down she started telling you how the job went and the couple of things that when wrong.

" So, how did it go?" You asked her curiously.

"It could of been worse. Some things went a little south but luckily nothing was the kid's fault. Ran into a couple of Tyger Claws while getting away but Maine got there just in time before anything tragic happened."

"And the kid? Did he do well? Y'all didn't traumatize him did ya?" You joked, worried if he was actually able to handle the things he signed up for right after loosing his only parent.

"You mean David? Yeah he did alright! He panicked a little but overall managed to keep it together, didn't get killed though so that's a plus." She said blowing the smoke of the now half finished cigarette.

"David? So that's his name." You say looking over at Maine who was sitting with the boy you just now learned the name of. They were both sat on the roof of a parked car looking at Pilar who was making funny dances and playing around with his arm implants.

"Yup, David Martinez. 17 years old, Arasaka drop out and brand new cyberpunk as of now."

You looked at him from where you were sitting, processing the information Kiwi had just provided. He looked back at you, wondering who was the girl sitting beside Kiwi with some neon cyberwear on her skin, trailing through her arms, legs, back, and the sides of her neck.

"So Maine actually took him in?" You asked Kiwi whilst still keeping eye contact with the teen. You didn't take Maine as the babysitter type, not to mention becoming like a full on guardian.

"Yup, pretty sure he feels obligated to, after seeing he was able to handle himself okay, pretty sure he said something about owing Gloria that much" she said now finished with her smoke while looking at David as well.

"Well, just letting y'all know if he gets sent with me to a gig I ain't baby sitting" you say laughing to yourself because you expected him to actually be younger. This was the first time seeing Gloria's son and studies his physical appearance. You thought he was quite cute.The boy had an exaggerated undercut with no fading whatsoever, was about your height and had slim figure.

You could tell by how young he was that he would still grow a few inches, and had a lot of room for improvement.

You remembered how his mother wanted the best for him all the time and now that he was on his own, the best you could do was make sure he wouldn't kill himself. You're not the type to worry about other people but you're not a monster either, giving him a few pointer wouldn't kill you.