Dream to Dream: Strange Meetings (Bojan X Jere)

A travelling bag laid open on the floor, waiting to be filled with clothes to make memories in. Bojan was running around his apartment, grabbing things as he went. Some from his bathroom, some from his kitchen (you can never go on a trip without your emergency snacks) and some from his own bedroom.

He picked out all his outfits with care. Even putting them on and checking them out in his bedroom mirror. Clothes, shoes, and accessories, envisioning the makeup he would put on. His eyes scanned his body, to notice any imperfections that would disturb the harmony of his being. The presentation of his best self.

A good impression. That's what he wanted to leave in everyone he met. To be remembered as someone who shone brighter than the stars. All eyes being on him as he entered the place. All women fainting at the sight of him, and all men handing roses to him, completely entranced by him.

Bojan chuckled at his own silly thoughts. At how ridiculous they would sound if told out loud. But truth must be spoken, there was some honesty in the exaggerated words. He wished to look memorable.

'Who knows, I might meet someone special.'

May it be for a night or for more, he didn't know. But it was definitely a possibility. It was an Eurovision preparty after all, where people from all around the world gather. The crème of the crème. The most talented ones, that were chosen in each country to represent them and he has the chance to mingle with them. You know, a one-in-the-lifetime situation. A blessing from fate truly. Not only because he had the golden opportunity to sleep with a foreign beauty. But he could also make lifelong friends, and get his hand on connections that would make the band's fame grow. Being well-connected comes in very handy in his line of work. Also, there was a place for collaborations with other artists.

And of course, he could not forget the fact, he was promised to meet the love of his life here. If there was any truth to Lilith's words.

Bojan, of course, was a nonbeliever. But If there was any truth to her prophecy, Eurovision fits like a glove to the place where he would meet his one and only.

'How was it exactly?' Bojan wondered as he lay down on his bed, the mattress following the pattern of his body. 'In a place where all gather, one's beauty will shine brighter.'

'one's beauty will shine brighter, huh?'

~o~

Lilith picked up the first card.

The fool.

You could ask, how Bojan knew. The answer was simple, sheer curiosity pushed him to research a bit about tarot readings. It was certainly not a deep dive, but he could recall the meanings of a few cards still and he unconsciously (or consciously) memorised all the names and symbols of each.

"A new relationship, a new adventure. This person will be someone fresh and new, somewhere fresh and new. May the path leading you to each other be rocky, you must be willing to take the risk and push forward."

The next card: Page of pentacles

"The two of you will share a similar interest, similar passion. A passion that connects the two of you. Both ambitious and driven. Your person will be a hard worker, dedicated to their work and to you. With a nice touch of humour"

Then: Page of Swords in reverse

"The bond may be strong, but still there will be a seal on your mouth. Words sealed away from being heard. Two people speaking to walls not to each other. The key to solving the puzzle will be the truth of your heart."

The magician in reverse

"Not everything will be how they seem. The illusion created must be broken before the relationship can come to fruition. Don't be afraid to discover the truth and don't accept the facade of perfection"