Leaves the 99

Thankful I serve a Father who notices my absence.
When my seat in the sanctuary and in my prayer closet lacks his daughter's scent.

I used to think God didn't want to handle me.
How can I sit there angry, bitter, and feeling guilty?
So I'd just run to those who are mad too.
They've been hurt, let down, they feel how I do.

But what's the emotion God has when I leave Him for the world?
He's hurt, let down, and desires to see a prodigal girl.

But one thing about God, He won't leave me in the state that the world does: more lost, frustrated, and trying to make someone else feel blue.
I'm blessed to have a Father who broke the power of sin.
Helping me break free from the thoughts and entanglements I'm tangling myself in.

It's never a problem to leave the 99 for me.
He is the Good Shepherd, the True Vine, and the Living Water my soul needs.

Written 7/12/23 💓

This was written in a time when I was deeply entangled in sin. I felt so bad about myself because of my heart, thoughts, and actions. I was too ashamed to really sit with God. Since I was feeling bad & I didn't allow God to help me, I continued running to sin to feel a temporary ease. It definitely didn't make anything better. BUT GOD! Even in the midst of sin, He still allowed me to wake up every morning, His protection covered me, and He blessed me in ways I didn't deserve. Run to Him boldly! Run to Him with an audacity! Run to Him like you know He holds the key to freedom because He does! Don't let guilt or shame lie to you; God loves you and wants to see you in His Kingdom.

Luke 15:11-32
Luke 12:32