2

"2: New School Dynamics"

Today was my first day at my new school. Crimson Falls High was big on the red color theme & that was expected. What I wasn't prepared for what the school mascot being a vampire. I, of course, was taken by Mi-Young. I didn't hate her or anything, but I can't imagine calling her mom. I have barely had time to get used to the idea of her.

I was walking the halls when I accidentally bumped into a guy. His name is Park Geun-Soo. "새로 오신 분이죠? 저는 박근수입니다. 박근수 씨죠?" (You are new, right ? I am Park Geun-Soo. You are ?) He introduced himself nicely steadying me in case I fell. I guess he was worried I was a bit clumsy. "Won. Won Eun-Hee." I smiled in return as we began walking together. Something felt off, but I couldn't quite tell.

So I took the chance when I had it. I sat with Geun-Soo as I pressed him for answers. "Why is this place so obsessed with vampires ? Vampires aren't even real." Geun-Soo made a face which told me I was onto something. "Eun-Hee you need to be careful. You only have just moved to town..." I frowned shoving him a bit, "I know you're hiding something. Everyone here is hiding something. It is bad enough my father sprung a wedding on me."

Geun-Soo looked delighted by what he heard as he asked me his question. "Ms. Mi-Young is to be your stepmother ? How cool." I scoffed. Why was that cool ? Just was did Mi-Young mean to this town ? "Not cool at all... Is there something you can tell me then ?", I direct the conversation elsewhere. "Enhypen. There a group of seven who Mi-Young is very close with. After all, Mi-Young' family has served EN- for many years."

I was now intrigued. EN- ? What was so great about them ? "Served as in like a nanny or something ? Is that why she brought me to school & disappeared ?" My questions were to be answered as Mi-Young appeared causing Geun-Soo to excuse himself. "Follow me, Eun-Hee ah. You'll be attending special classes with me..."

I had less of any choice. I followed Mi-Young when seven pairs of what looked to be red eyes followed my every step into the room. Mi-Young tried to comfort me as she began to fill me in on a few things. "은희아, 두려워할 필요 없어. 마을 대부분은 뱀파이어들이야... 넌 전혀 위험하지 않아. 네 앞에 있는 이 일곱 명은 강력한 뱀파이어들이야. 난 하나야, 자기야." (Eun-Hee ah, there is no need to be afraid. Most in town are vampires... You are in no danger at all. These seven before you are powerful vampires. I am even one, Sweetheart.)

I laughed. Vampires ? Vampires aren't real. "You're joking, right ? Vampires meaning you drink blood ? You can't be a vampire, Mi-Young. I've seen you eat food & be in the sunlight. It doesn't make sense..." Mi-Young nodded as she confirmed what I had seen as true, but the seven others within the room hissed at me showing their white fangs. I suddenly sat in a seat as Mi-Young called off the seven. "Vampires are nothing like the stories, Eun-Hee ah. Besides if I was such a threat your father wouldn't be marrying me. No would he ?"

I hated it. I hated that. My father marrying a vampire & moving me into what was a vampire infested town ? Why couldn't I have stayed with mom ? This is when Mi-Young said something to me I never would've expected, "You'll be attending to EN- while I am planning my wedding to your father. There should be no problem. Okay ?"

What just happened exactly ? Did I just get roped into hanging out with seven so called "vampires" ? Was there a way to avoid this all together ?