4

"4: There Is A Unrest Among The Vampires"

I met up with Geun-Soo as I was helping out at the church for my dad's wedding to Mi-Young. "You seem more relaxed with the idea, Eun-Hee. I mean, you're even helping with the wedding..." I nodded as I smiled, "I am actually excited. I am just surprised we can prepare so early in advance for it. Mom & Dad must be ecstatic..."

Geun-Soo smirked as he pointed at me, "엄마? 언제부터 미영시 엄마라고 부르기 시작했어요?" (Mom ? When did you start calling Mi-Young ssi Mom ?) I sighed as I knew this was a big change. A change I assume no one thought would happen so soon after moving. "Last week. We talked things over & I have come to understand her more. Understand everyone here a bit more..."

Geun-Soo pushed me with an expression I couldn't read. "Stop it, Eun-Hee. Don't tell me you are beginning to like those arrogant vampires. The one's Mi-Young watches over." Geun-Soo was a vampire, technically he'd know more, but I am a bit offended for some reason. Why does it bother him so much ?

"You mean EN- ? What's so bad about them ? You sound like you'd rather die by sun rays than even be in the same space with them, Geun-Soo." He nodded as he overlooked the church from where we sat. "I can't stand EN-. They are the oldest vampires here, but the most secretive. I honestly have no idea why their families settled in Crimson Falls with the way they act. There are just some things we'll never know, even as vampires..."

I rested a hand on Geun-Soo' shoulder. He had tensed so much since the topic of our conversation changed. "이게 무슨 짓이야? 근수야, 무슨 짓을 하는 것 같아." (What is this really about ? You sound like you're up to something, Geun-Soo.) He shoved my hand off as he stood up. The fire in his eyes honestly scared me as he corned me. 

The space between Geun-Soo & I was now merely an inch as his voice dripped with what only I would call out to be jealousy. He seemed absolutely jealous as his next words terrified me, "They make all the rules... I am so sick of their restrictive rules on us... What about what the rest of us want ?"

I gulped as I asked him what I now wanted to ask. "What do you want then, hmm ?" Geun-Soo closed the space with his fangs inching towards my neck. I closed my eyes.

It happened so quick. Almost like it was in slow motion. I opened my eyes to find Heeseung pining Geun-Soo down powerfully by his throat as Jungwon helped me sit up, checking me over for bruises I assume. "은희야, 괜찮아요?" (Eun-Hee, are you okay ?), I faintly hear Jungwon ask but my heartbeat drowned it out. Once I was somewhat able to grasp what would've happened I hear Heeseung & Geun-Soo.

"당신은 단순한 규칙을 어겼어요, 아 근수아! 당신이 이런 짓을 하다니 정말 화가 나네요!" (You disobeyed a simple rule, Geun-Soo ah ! I am highly upset you've done this !) Heeseung' voice was so harsh it even managed to make Jungwon shiver beside me. I guess the others were alerted because I felt Jake wrap me in a blanket. I still couldn't bring myself to talk.

Geun-Soo rolled his eyes as he hissed from the pain Heeseung was putting on his throat. "So what ! Why must we stop being what we are essentially because you say so !" Heeseung would've continued if Sunghoon hadn't intervened with Jay. 

"Hyung, we'll lock him up for now. We can't do anything until there is a vote from the rest of the coven...", Sunghoon murmured as Jay along with Sunoo' help rushed Geun-Soo off to be detained. I was walked home by Ni-Ki.

Still very much too stunned to mutter a word. Let alone blink...